Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

playing music through ipod

• 04-11-2009 10:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

is it possible to play music from my ipod through my xbox. i see that when its connected it recognises my ipod for photos but not music, is it possible?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,220 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

There's an "Optional Media Update" that you can download. Instructions on the Xbox site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

Yes it is, but my iPod was configured to act like a HDD and I used WinAmp to synchronise my .mp3s on to the device. From there I was able to connect the iPod to the Xbox and play music from it.

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

what type of ipod do you have ?
    I have a 3rd generation ipod nano and all i have to do is plus it in, but i also had a 1st gen ipod touch and i couldnt get that to work.
    So maybe it could all depend on your type of ipod ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

My ancient ipod worked without any updates, just plug 'er straight in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

iPod Video 30gb - Must be over 3 years old now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

its an ipod touch 2nd generation. iv tried installing the update alright but no joy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I think that mony of the newer iPods don't work. I know my iPhone doesn't. It's something to do with how the music is stored on the device and it was changed from earlier versions (installing the optional media update doesn't help either).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,220 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

The iPod Touch won't work as it's flash memory and not a HDD like previous iPods.

Advertisement