Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it worth it?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

LeoB wrote: »
    Its difficult to comment fairly without knowing the people involved.

I dont like your partners attidtude at all. While you are the boys father I think you have no right to arrive back on the scene. This could cause mayhem in their life and in yours.

Quite true, I've no right to waltz back in and I'm not intending to, if I could manage to find out what the boys mother is thinking and if she would agree then that would be of help. Then of course I would need to know what the boy himself thinks... it would be pointless causing hell in my own home and then finding out that either the boy, his mother or both don't want anything to do with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

You might also consider that the first attempt might meet failure. It might take several tries. After all no one will take you seriously after a ten year absence.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

For the sake of my marriage I'm going to leave it for a while and see how things can develop a little more slowly, I seem to be pushing it too much and it's causing the inevitable problems.

Making things worse isn't going to help me so I'll take it slower.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

For the sake of my marriage I'm going to leave it for a while and see how things can develop a little more slowly, I seem to be pushing it too much and it's causing the inevitable problems.

Making things worse isn't going to help me so I'll take it slower.

Dammed if you do Dammed if you dont.

Still think your partner is a little unreasonable. Good luck with whichever course you decide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

10 years no contact, living in a different country, and the mothers husband has been there since day one??

There is a very high possibility the child doesn't even know the husband is not his biological father.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Tick tock tick tock tick tock....

That is one big bomb under your carpet.

Advertisement