Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Netbooks

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

podge018 wrote: »
    what did you buy? The NC10?

yea this one

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/168414

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

chris1970 wrote: »
    got n510 last friday with xp, must say well impressed, a bit dearer the other n-series netbook, but a much better resolution screen, it makes all the difference, plays mts hd files no problem, bonus of 1 year microsoft office student, happy i spent the little extra,

Series of photos and unboxing for anyone interested.

http://www.netbookchoice.com/2009/09/28/nbc-samsung-n510-netbook-unboxed/

Nice looking machine. Anything around 11inches and above, in width, is just about pushing it for a Netbook in my mind. But it is a very sleek thing nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

Okay, thanks to this thread I bought the NC10 from ebuyer. Is the top (or behind the screen I dont know what it's called) glossy black or a matt finish?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭paulgrogan.eu

Okay, thanks to this thread I bought the NC10 from ebuyer. Is the top (or behind the screen I dont know what it's called) glossy black or a matt finish?

Glad this thread helped you!

The top of the laptop is a glossy finish where as the screen more importantly is matt finish.

Hi, I'm trying to register on ebuyer but it's not recognising my Irish phone number. How do you get around that?

My girlfriend called them and they told her to put in their own phone number and they also gave her a post code to use which was "REP123".

Then she was instructed to email her order reference and her own number to them and they changed it.

Rgds

Paul

• Advertisement

cheers Paul. Instead, I used the google checkout as advised above, worked a charm. €312 or something for the 2GB of memory, as opposed to €320 in PC world for the 1GB. Nice one.

cheers Paul. Instead, I used the google checkout as advised above, worked a charm. €312 or something for the 2GB of memory, as opposed to €320 in PC world for the 1GB. Nice one.

Hi there,

Great stuff! Glad to help! Thats what this great forum is here for! Ya it deffo worked out the best deal around. I even priced buying the basic laptop from them and then buying the memory seperatly later but it was working out about 20-30 quid more expensive than their combined deal.

Cant wait to get mine now. I will be writing a review about it over Christmas on my blog should anyone else be considering getting one.

Rgds

Paul

Just got a mail saying my order has been cancelled by ebuyer and my money refunded to my account with no explanation or reason as to why. Pretty furious here.

Probably best if you give them a buzz. Really surprised at that as Jennifer had no problem with them.

Rgds

Paul

Just got a mail saying my order has been cancelled by ebuyer and my money refunded to my account with no explanation or reason as to why. Pretty furious here.

Mine is despatched and says I should have it by Wed.

Did you get an order number?

• Advertisement

yeah, seems I didn't read the small print, if it's your first order with them you have to have it delivered to your billing address, for anti-fraud reasons.

I've reorderd, but a hope I'll be here when the postie comes. Will have to collect from the office which is a pain the hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 gottoomuchmilk

anybody know where I can get a pink NC10 for around 300euro? online or elsewhere? thanks, its a xmas present, wud love some help!

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭agentgreen

What is the bus speed on the NC10?

I got an email this morning from ebuyer saying my payment was processed and that it would be delivered on Friday 20th.

Is that a definite then? I can safely take that off work?

I got an email this morning from ebuyer saying my payment was processed and that it would be delivered on Friday 20th.

Is that a definite then? I can safely take that off work?

I'll let you know. Mine is supposed to be delivered tomorrow but I guess it all depends on the courier service they use for Ireland.

I think its Nightline they use but I couldnt get a tracking number ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 mbreen

Well I got on to the ebuyer website today to try and order the NC10 - - - no longer stocking it. So I had to (kind of) start over with my research having spent half the morning in PC WOrld and Currys playing with their NC10 display models (€319.99 they are charging for them). Anyway, I've just ordered the N130 - a white one, with 160GB HD and Win Xp Home and 1gb of 800mhz RAM from ebuyer, working out at €296 incl. shipping. Will wait and see how I get on with 1gb RAM and if I need more I will order more. The N140 (and maybe the N130) are the replacements for the NC10 - I couldn't justify the extra few quid for the N140 as the NC10 would have met all my needs and the RAM on the N130 seems to be faster again than it so let's just hope . . .

Thanks again everyone here for the advice and general discussion about this topic. Your help was v. useful. Hope to have mine by the weekend but if it doesn't arrive til next week maybe the house will get cleaned the weekend LOL :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Revan

any idea what the N510 would be like for HD playback? thinking of buying and using to hook up to larger screen - small size suits my set-up at home. Presumably the Atom processor wouldn't be much slower than a desktop Pentium - hate hanging around for stuff to load!

any news Iggy?

any news Iggy?

Yea got it this afternoon about 3 o clock.

I was lucky coz I just arrived home and the courier was at my door.

I asked why he didnt ring ahead to give an estimated time but he said he doesnt do that.

The courier was GLS so I'd ring them in the morning to see if it went out.

Had a quick look inside box and all seems ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 mbreen

Hey everyone,
    Glad I went ahead and placed my order with ebuyer - I have to say I am happy with my purchase, it's an N130 - won't be bothering with extra RAM for the moment as don't plan to put Office on it for the moment, will use Google docs for anything I need to open.

Order placed Tuesday night last, late, and delivered this morning at 11am. Very impressed with them I have to say!!

Thanks again to everyone on this thread for help with my questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Mmmm, looks like I missed the boat on the last few NC10s available on ebuyer. I have an NC10 that I share with the girlfriend and wanted to get another one for study and watching videos on holidays etc.

NC10 is end of life and scarce on the ground, so what's the best option now? What is the rubberised case on the N130 like? Bar the poor speakers, is it lacking anything else when compared to the NC10 in terms of spec (looks like the build quality is cheaper from the few pics I've seen)?

The NC10 was the perfect size for me so I'd be reluctant to go for the bigger N510, particularly as I don't need the extra functionality.

I can get Windows 7 for very cheap legitimately, so it's the spec of the netbook itself that I'm interested in hearing the latest tips on.

Mmmm, looks like I missed the boat on the last few NC10s available on ebuyer. I have an NC10 that I share with the girlfriend and wanted to get another one for study and watching videos on holidays etc.

NC10 is end of life and scarce on the ground, so what's the best option now? What is the rubberised case on the N130 like? Bar the poor speakers, is it lacking anything else when compared to the NC10 in terms of spec (looks like the build quality is cheaper from the few pics I've seen)?

The NC10 was the perfect size for me so I'd be reluctant to go for the bigger N510, particularly as I don't need the extra functionality.

I can get Windows 7 for very cheap legitimately, so it's the spec of the netbook itself that I'm interested in hearing the latest tips on.

Hi Frank,

Komplett.ie have 3 NC10's in stock.

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=424286

They are a good company and the price is pretty good compared to the offer ebuyer had.

Rgds

Paul

Hi guys,

Just in relation to ebuyer. A friend of mine was asking me about the NC10 which i got from them for about 280 sterling all in. He went on their website yesterday and they are now up to almost 400 pounds for just the laptop itself (I got a 2gb mem upgrade bundle.)

Has anyone seen this before?
    Do they do this often?

Its a fairly big jump in price in fairness.

Rgds

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

The NC10 is end of life, so there's not many left at this stage. At a guess that's the reason why the price has gone up. Tbh i'd be looking at the N140 at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

The NC10 is end of life, so there's not many left at this stage. At a guess that's the reason why the price has gone up. Tbh i'd be looking at the N140 at this stage.

Hi Alan,
    Is the n140 that much better than the N130?
    I was looking at the N130 until I realised it only has mono speakers and I'm aware the n140 has stereo.
    Is there much else different?
    I notice the price discrepancy is pretty wide..

tnx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Sorry for bringing up an old thread......

My parents have an N130 but the wifi connectivity is terrible. The wifi cuts out a lot. I installed the latest drivers but it doesn't seem to have changed the situation. Samsung support hasn't been very helpful, they just told me to do what I've already done. Has anyone else had similar experiences with the wifi?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

How is the coveragge in the house and are there many onther networks in the area that could cause interference?

MC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Coverage in the house is pretty good. There's 2 laptops and a ps3 working off our router no problem. The nearest network is our next door neighbour's but its secured and the signal strength is weak enough.

Sometimes when you turn on the N130 it will connect to the router straight away and it might work for an hour or 2. It will then lose its connection and cause whatever else is connected to the router to lose connection too. Other times when you switch on the N130 it won't connect straight away and you have to go into Connect To and tell it which network to join and put in the password again. It might connect for 2 minutes and then lose connection again causing whatever else is connected to the router to lose connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Have the Nc140 and not at all happy with it, no operating system on the systems restore disk.

EEEPC anyday.

• Advertisement
Advertisement