Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It looks like they are renovating John D's pub

Options
  • 04-11-2009 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

I was walking by it yesterday and the doors were open and could see people working on it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Have not been in that place for about 20 years but chatting to one of the lads at work who is from Balbriggan and he says it was a great pub going back a few years. Great mix of people used to be regulars.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

LeoB wrote: »
    Have not been in that place for about 20 years but chatting to one of the lads at work who is from Balbriggan and he says it was a great pub going back a few years. Great mix of people used to be regulars.

I passed it just this evening, anything will be an improvement I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Sparky84

Was one of the best pubs about 20 yrs ago. It went down hill rapid when it was leased out as occupier just wanted customers no matter who they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Passed it today and they have renamed it "The Millrace". Work on it seems to be at an advanced stage. Maybe they're attempting to get it reopened by Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭groomek

Was told a couple of weeks ago it was going to be a wine bar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Sparky84

groomek wrote: »
    Was told a couple of weeks ago it was going to be a wine bar.

More like a Wineos Bar :p

Advertisement