Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NARGC Proficiency Courses

Options
  • 04-11-2009 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭

NARGC website has dates for those interested

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

NARGC website has dates for those interested

Doesn't say what they are for - proficiency in what?

B'Man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭G17

Bananaman wrote: »

B'Man

When I did it many moons ago:

The course covered - Game identification. Shotgun handling. Basic safety. Game Shooting (sporting clays). General game shooting related there or there abouts sort of things.

Basic, but better than "here's your shotgun young man/lady, note dangerous end, best of luck"
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

So - Shotgun Handling and Safety - bit'o'fieldwork thrown in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭foxhunter

Bananaman wrote: »

B'Man

I would assume it's for shotgun .
    I've attended a few of them over the years and that's what they normally are about.
    I'ts generally an induction for new shooters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

as above it is specifically aimed at members/ new members of the NARGC affiliated clubs, and as stated in a previous thread covers shotgun safety/field safety/ firearms acts /wild life acts and safe handling in the field using shotguns. Look at the handbook thats you can down load it covers aspects of that plus bird ident' etc etc.

I did my first one 20 years ago, re did it two years ago and if you hunt and a member its worth doing, cost in cavan €10 for the day including lunch and practical out in Mount Nugent shooting ground.

hopes this clarifies

• Advertisement
Advertisement