Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Exhibition photographs - collection?

• 04-11-2009 10:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've been reminded that I still have a bunch of photographs from unhanging the exhibition just before I moved house. They are still safe.

I really would like it if people could collect them. What I want to suggest is that perhaps we pick an evening or a Sunday afternoon, meet for drinks or something, and people take the photos off my hands.

I am insanely busy these days so I really would appreciate it if I could hand as many over on the one occasion as possible.

I can best do Thursday evenings during the week or possibly Mondays from 8pm onwards. Either a Saturday or a Sunday afternoon excluding 15 November.

If needs be, I'll do two days. If someone is doing Kyle's photowalk tomorrow, I can bring some with me but I need an exact description of the photograph please.

What day suits to collect photographs 3 votes

a Monday @ 8pm
    0% 0 votes
    a Thursday @ 8pm
    33% 1 vote
    a Saturday afternoon
    33% 1 vote
    a Sunday afternoon
    33% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Calina wrote: »
    Hi,

I've been reminded that I still have a bunch of photographs from unhanging the exhibition just before I moved house. They are still safe.

I really would like it if people could collect them. What I want to suggest is that perhaps we pick an evening or a Sunday afternoon, meet for drinks or something, and people take the photos off my hands.

I am insanely busy these days so I really would appreciate it if I could hand as many over on the one occasion as possible.

I can best do Thursday evenings during the week or possibly Mondays from 8pm onwards. Either a Saturday or a Sunday afternoon excluding 15 November.

If needs be, I'll do two days. If someone is doing Kyle's photowalk tomorrow, I can bring some with me but I need an exact description of the photograph please.

I voted Saturday b4 I read your post and have no problem with Sunday especially now that I'm jobless. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Free art for your new house !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Get rid of the poll, you have done more than enough already, tell the people where you will be with their prints and let them organise it for themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

DK, if that had worked the last time, I wouldn't have any prints.

I don't think it's a big deal to give two possibilities.

Covey, I'm swimming in art at the moment. Swimming in it.

Get rid of the poll, you have done more than enough already, tell the people where you will be with their prints and let them organise it for themselves.
    Maybe we want any excuse so we can meet up in a Pub!!
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Maybe we want any excuse so we can meet up in a Pub!!
    :)

Do you need an excuse?

thought as much.

Poll will run for a week. I'll have a look then and see what comes out of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Where abouts are you based Calina?

TBH Whatever day suits the majority I will try and make it.

gandalf wrote: »
    Where abouts are you based Calina?

TBH Whatever day suits the majority I will try and make it.

Dublin 9

But I'd come in city centre anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Covey, I'm swimming in art at the moment. Swimming in it.

As you know, I'm over the road, can collect :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Dublin 9

But I'd come in city centre anyway.

Well I have an uncle in Drumcondra who couldn't make the wedding who I have been meaning to visit. This would give me (and the missus) the added incentive to drop over to them :D

Sunday afternoon 3pm okay by peeps for this?

I really want to give these things back now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Afraid I can't make Sunday as I have a shoot :(

Who's heading & possibly I could ask someone to take it for me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

Sunday afternoon 3pm okay by peeps for this?

I really want to give these things back now.

Sounds good, I had forgotten about these. Where would you like to to meet up?

Anyone want to recommend a location that is open at that time (ie, not the SinE after last year's Christmas drinks fiasco).

I'm not fully au fait with drinking establishments in town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Library bar? Remember wehere we were after people's photography 2 yrs ago..

If there's a crowd going I might pop in :)

sineadw wrote: »
    Library bar? Remember wehere we were after people's photography 2 yrs ago..

If there's a crowd going I might pop in :)

Okay. I'm with that one. It's in the Central Hotel on Wicklow Street, right?

Reminder: Today - Library Bar on Wicklow Street. By my knitting shall you know me. Also by the pile of photographs beside me.

I will be there for one hour.

lol at the weather!

Yeah, I'm not impressed either. But believe me, I am very, very busy for the next few weeks plus I need to go to the Great Outdoors and Le Palais des Thés anyway. Otherwise I would cry off.

You had better come and collect your photographs though.

• Advertisement

I shall be there!
    This place is the Georges st end of Wicklow street? It was giving a major makeover a while back....I used to buy soup and pints in the old place, now it's sky high prices, we pay for peoples upgrades. :mad:

I'll be having diet 7 up, total.

I shall start off one one of these
    D934B17F7D1C4AEC89C90E694E902DF6-800.jpg

and by the sessions end maybe..
    46229516125D48C29C5332B0913C36D2-800.jpg

Janer, I can only stay until 4, latest. I have visitors arriving at 6. I don't know who else is going to be around; you and da_kar are the most likely to turn up.

Okay.

1 user came and collected and following last night there are arrangements in place for two other users to sort out their prints.

The rest of you, please contact me. I don't want to keep the prints - I have nowhere to keep them anyway. I want them to go to their mummies and daddies.

Give them away to a charity shop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Completely off topic and not stirring sh*te, but Janer, you know Bulmers isn't animal friendly, right?

Thread lock.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement