Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson Satio

Options
  • 04-11-2009 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I can buy the new Satio from Sony Ericsson, I've been waiting for a touch screen to come out from sony for a while now & would love to buy it, I can't find it on any of the major phone stockist websites. Thanks guys! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Missy86

Thanks a million but don't think i'd be willing to spend €619 on it unless i won the lotto!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Noggy2006 wrote: »
    Thanks a million but don't think i'd be willing to spend €619 on it unless i won the lotto!

Well was in North on sat and saw Satio on carphone warehouse on PAYG for £349, that works out about €391. Just a Idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

deep1 wrote: »
    Well was in North on sat and saw Satio on carphone warehouse on PAYG for £349, that works out about €391. Just a Idea.
    yeah... don't know how/where, but for some reason I think it's gonna be 449-ish on prepay here... :confused:

well its not out til next week, so we'll have to wait and see, I rang my local Three store and they said its going to be around €600. Sony Ericsson are really falling behind with the touch screen phones, like nearly every other model has a selection available

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 misnomer

my local o2 store has it instock although not sure which network you wanted it for, it was €449 looking at it today although have decided to go for aino in white getting it tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 BALI

Yup I just bought it on O2 prepay. €449 in Carphone warehouse in Mayo. It's a SUPER phone. Features go on forever. Gonna hang on to this for a long time to come. I had a nokia before and I'm so glad I'm back with a Sony ericcson. I'd highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

well its not out til next week, so we'll have to wait and see, I rang my local Three store and they said its going to be around €600. Sony Ericsson are really falling behind with the touch screen phones, like nearly every other model has a selection available

Was in the 3 store in Grafton Street yesterday and the girl there said it's only available on an 18 month contract

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭rushnaldo

Vodafone have the same offer. Upgrade on bill is 220 euro 18 month contract. I hear the battery life is piss poor is this true?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭viking

Walkman wrote: »
    Was in the 3 store in Grafton Street yesterday and the girl there said it's only available on an 18 month contract

Did you get an idea of price ranges on 3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Peter Walczak

All right, I'm 3 customer. In the 3 store in Kilkenny they told me as an existing customer I couldn't get Satio. I'd have to finish my current contract and sign a new one. That sucked. I wrote them a complaint and the rang me on Monday. We talked and they gave me Satio as an upgrade. They put it in their books as if they were giving me W995 (or similar) but have actually sent in SE Satio. However... The phone is nice... But it has its issues. Read other forums before you go for it.

However... The phone is nice... But it has its issues. Read other forums before you go for it.

Any chance of a quick few words on where you feel it lets you down as it is quite expensive and i'd like some info before i'd buy thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

Saw this in the news the other day

http://newsalerts.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8377312.stm
    Mobile phone retailers Carphone Warehouse and Phones 4U have temporarily withdrawn the Sony Ericsson Satio smartphone from their stores.
    Both companies said the move followed complaints from customers about software problems.
    Phones 4U announced its decision to stop selling the handset 24 hours after rival retailer Carphone Warehouse.
    Sony Ericsson said it was "giving this matter its utmost priority and working toward solving it".
    None of the companies involved gave details about the nature of the fault but Satio users online have been complaining about frozen screens and problems with ringtones.
    "Now on my second Satio and it still has the same issues," wrote Iain H on a handset review site. "Screen freezing and no ringtone. Only way to solve the problem is to take the battery out."
    He added: "I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem."
    Sony Ericsson recently announced a new smartphone model, the Xperia X10. It is the company's first Android handset but it is not due to go on sale until 2010.
    Verity Burns, a technology journalist with gadget magazine Stuff thinks the problem lies with how the Sony Ericsson user interface interacts with the Symbian operating system on the phone.
    "The phone seems to be turning itself off when people access certain applications but not everyone will be affected. Vodafone and Orange run their own interfaces and don't seem to have the issue."

If its the same stock then could be issues here as well

So far, I'm not happy with:
    1) When you're adding contact and putting in their date of birth it does not show up in the calendar (I liked the idea in my previous C905)
    2) Wi-Fi doesn't work. Keeps disconnecting every 5 seconds
    3) Radio does not have RDS
    4) Music player has no equalizer what-so-ever
    I have Satio for couple of days only so I haven't come across any other 'issues' (screen freezing, loosing the ringtones etc).
    It is said, it's the 'software' thing and SE will be releasing an upgrade very soon now. I'd recommend to wait a bit.

Wow i'm kind of glad i held out now...I think they need to iron out a few kinks first, in relation to the battery - battery life on sony ericsson phones have never been great, but that doesnt really bother me if i have to charge it every night. It might be worth waiting until maybe the next version to get it..maybe the price will have dropped!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭billbond4

Yeah hope they improve the radio in the next firmware.
    I have my Satio for a month now and having no problems with it, havent read any stories over on esato with people having major problems with the Satio, I wonder what was the fault?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

If I was to get a SE touchscreen, I'd hold off for one of these:

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/mobilephones/overview/xperiax10

The Android OS should be good...

[quote

The Android OS should be good...[/quote]

Sorry, I sound dumb now but what is the android os? and any idea when that phone is coming out?

I've learnt my lesson. Next time I'll wait at least couple of months or so before I buy new 'gadget'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

[quote

The Android OS should be good...

Sorry, I sound dumb now but what is the android os? and any idea when that phone is coming out?[/quote]

Android is an OS being developed by Google to run on smart phones:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_(operating_system)

It's open source, so anyone can contribute to the development of it or apps etc.

Apparently the phone is out Q1 2010: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Android_devices

• Advertisement

Thanks for that info...wow it sounds cool! That phone would be way more expensive than the satio though wouldnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭billbond4

no, o2 have the Samsung Galaxy Spica i5700 from 50e on bill pay and meteor also have the HTC hero from 99e on bill pay, both are android phones.
    SE have the X10 coming out in February
    http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/mobilephones/overview/xperiax10?cc=gb&lc=en

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭demac

Hi folks,

How do you think the Satio compares to the HTC Tatoo ?

Vodafone currently sell both and I'm gonna upgrade from Pre-pay to Bill Pay in order to get the discount on Vodafone At Home.

Cheers !

All indications seem to be to wait for the Android phone going by reviews so far

Advertisement