Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cert of foundations

• 04-11-2009 12:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,544 ✭✭✭✭

Is there a standard or approved format for the cert of foundations as required by solicitors etc in relation to house construction?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Yes there is. Your supervising tech/arch/eng. should be aware of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,544 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Im getting into this myself. I have been using a cert which solicitors have been fine with but where would I get the standard one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Ask any of the solicitors for a generic foundation certificate. I think it is just a varient of the 'six point letter' we have been filling out for that Building Society for all those years, well mine is anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Mickdw this is what you requested. I hope it helps you.

Try to be as professional as possible in all your business dealings. Provide what is specifically requested at all times. Good luck :D

RKQ wrote: »

[url]http://www.

Try to be as professional as possible in all your business dealings. Provide what is specifically requested at all times. Good luck :D[/url]

What? I dont know what you are getting at. Is this guy a joker or what?

• Advertisement

[url]http://www.

Try to be as professional as possible in all your business dealings. Provide what is specifically requested at all times. Good luck :D[/url]

Please clarify this post.

mickdw wrote: »
    What? I dont know what you are getting at. Is this guy a joker or what?

No Joker.... Thunder affecting broadband connection!
    I was disconnected during attempt to load attachment. Patience is a virtue.

Try to be as professional as possible in all your business dealings. Provide what is specifically requested at all times. Good luck :D

RKQ, can you please explain this from your post above.

Im getting into this myself. I have been using a cert which solicitors have been fine with but where would I get the standard one?

I take it Mickdw is starting off in business and was asked to provide an Open Foundation Certificate. This Certificate is issued after the foundation is excavated and inspected by the Certifier.

IMO a Six point letter is usually required before construction begins, when stage payment etc are being agreed with the Mortgage provider.

As a Professional the OP should provide what was requested of him / her. This avoids unnecessary confusion. I provided an attachment of the required certificate, to help the OP.

Thanks RKQ. Sorry about previous post. The link was blank & the text a bit odd. Got it now though.

• Advertisement

Thanks RKQ. Sorry about previous post. The link was blank & the text a bit odd. Got it now though.

You are very welcome. The important text is:-

"I hereby confirm that I …………………………………………( architect/engineer)
    of …………………………………………………………………(firm)
    have inspected the opening and pouring of the foundations for the above house and I can confirm that this house is founded on satisfactory foundations on good bearing soil. I am satisfied therefore that these foundations are adequate for the loads imposed on them."

I will PM a list of all forms in PDF required by most Banks / Building Societies in Ireland. I also have all forms / Stage Payment certs in Word format. I usually type my dtails on these forms as its looks more professional.

Advertisement