Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gronholm possibly joining Petter Solberg WRC next year

• 04-11-2009 12:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭

Marcus Gronholm has said recently that he would like to compete on some WRC events next year, according to Motorsport News.

Gronholm admitted he has been in talks with Petter Solberg about contesting the Swedish Rally in the Norwegian's self-run team and that he is also interested in tackling other world championship events in 2010.

"I have spoken to Petter but it's mainly about contesting Sweden for the moment and we need to bring some money," said the Finn. "It will be interesting to do some more but we will have to see what happens after Sweden.

"Sweden is my favourite rally when there is good snow and cold conditions and going back to the north will help for next year. If I do go back I would have to win the Sagen stage because that is the name of the resturant I own and it will be good marketing," he added.

Petter Solberg commented: "He must come with a budget. It would be good fun to have him in the team but he wouldn't do the whole championship," said the Norwegian. "Marcus can still be quick because if you're good, you're good. But I haven't even thought about next year because without money I can forget everything and I only have half the budget right now."
    LINKY

Lets hope they can get the budget together. Next year could be a great year in the WRC, hopefully it will inpact on Loeb dominance.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Yep, WRC is suffering with a lack of variety in terms of top cars and drivers, and Loeb's dominance is annoying - but also, his personality isn't lending itself to promoting the sport. Even in the reign of Schumi in F1, he at least gave the sport an icon to draw in the audience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

his personality isn't lending itself to promoting the sport.

Your right, I really can't stand him. He comes across as an awful tit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭hi_sir

im tinking the gronhlom deal may only be for sweden
    and is it confirmed what car petter will drive next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

hi_sir wrote: »
    im tinking the gronhlom deal may only be for sweden
    and is it confirmed what car petter will drive next year

No it's all maybes so far, I get the impression there could be more rallies with Petters team but not the whole championship. I just have my fingers crossed that we will see Petter there next year and maybe Marcus for a couple of rallies too.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

It would be some team, Gronholm and Solberg..Would definately make it a very interesting championship..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭hi_sir

this may not be happening gronhlom is to do sweeden with the Team Therminator rally team alongside fellow finish driver Matthias Therman in two focus's

full story here http://www.rallybuzz.com/marcus-gronholm-rally-sweden-2010/

and the whole solberg tjing has gone quiet the only news lately is that petter has signed a new deal with TOOL's for 2010

Advertisement