Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Jet/ActiveSync deleted all my contacts

• 04-11-2009 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭

WTF?

I was trying to configure ActiveSync on my phone. The process failed, so left it to one side. Went to ring someone a while later and all my contacts have been erased, both from the SIM and the phone. What's going on here?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    WTF?

I was trying to configure ActiveSync on my phone. The process failed, so left it to one side. Went to ring someone a while later and all my contacts have been erased, both from the SIM and the phone. What's going on here?

From the Sim as well??? Odd, but then, **cough**, I just love the Jet's spontaneity http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1270

It's a complete bollo*! At least the Vodafone-branded one...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

strecker wrote: »
    From the Sim as well??? Odd, but then, **cough**, I just love the Jet's spontaneity http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1270

It's a complete bollo*! At least the Vodafone-branded one...

Yip it now reads:

Memory status

Phone 0/200
    SIM 0/232
    FDN 0/10

And I just upgraded my laptop to W7 so think I may have lost the backup I made of my Nokia phone (which I still have). If I can find that backup it won't be too bad but seriously how could this happen.

It obviously tried to Sync, failed, said "Oooops no contacts found, contacts folder is now empty"

It's a Vodafone one but unlocked for another network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

mine spent a week in 'repair' - they reinstalled the same handicapped firmware. since then it has spontaneously factory-reset itself... i didn't just lose contacts...all data, incl mem card!

The sh*t obviously happens 'randomly', i.e. I cannot just 'reproduce' the rubish while instore. :mad:

Advertisement