Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Hotel - Oslo

• 04-11-2009 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭

Looking to book a cheap (but decent :)) hotel in Oslo, Norway for 2 nights in the 2nd week of December.

Anyone any idea?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Try www.hrs.com it's given me good deals for European hotels in the past. (but I haven't used it for Oslo specifically, so there might be some with better coverage/rates)

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭fergm

I got free flights with Ryanair recently for late November but I'm not going to go as I can't find any where to stay under about 95€ for a double bed room other than some ****ty hostel for 65€ a night.
    very expensive place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭banchang

Do a search on expedia.co.uk & you'll get many many choices to suit your pocket.

Oslo is great at that time of year - it started snowing today !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

fergm wrote: »
    I got free flights with Ryanair recently for late November but I'm not going to go as I can't find any where to stay under about 95€ for a double bed room other than some ****ty hostel for 65€ a night.
    very expensive place

Yes it looks like a expensive place but I am still looking ;)

I have got the Ryanair flight as well but not absolutely free, although its less than €50 :)

It looks like you MAY go before me. If you do go then do share your experience :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

banchang wrote: »
    Do a search on expedia.co.uk & you'll get many many choices to suit your pocket.

Oslo is great at that time of year - it started snowing today !

Thanks, will give it a try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Todd Gack

Got back from Oslo yesterday with the 2 cent Ryanair flights which were the only bargain about the place. At €95 for a double room i'd go with, stayed in a private room in a hostel, basic and simple.....you get what you pay for. Did me ok but it depends on what you're looking for.

Oslo itself is very expensive for everything so i'd imagine you'd be doing very well to get anything much cheaper. Restaurants and food in general is very pricey even for anything basic. Even a McDonalds meal would set you back over a tenner for example.

The bus itself from the airport is nearly €40 return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 hill1

Hi There,
    I stayed in this hotel last February
    Comfort Hotel Boersparken

and got it for about 90 euro, it is a nice hotel in a good location that is near where the airport air bus gets in. I am not sure what price is would be in December but it is worth having a look at as they seem to change their rates quite a bit.
    Would have to agree that Oslo is not a cheap place to visit , but it is really nice. and if you can manage it it is worth it.

Advertisement