Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adamstown, what's it like?

• 04-11-2009 1:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

I'm originally from Esker parish in Lucan and when I left Ireland, Adamstown was just glimmer in the eye of some developers so I haven't actually seen it.

So what's it like? Is it a big area? What's the traffic like? There was talk of a fire-station, did that happen? Are there any schools there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭filthymcnasty

so far 1000 out of 10000 homes originally planned built. All other building is on hold. When it will re-commence is anyones guess.
    there are no traffic issues there.
    haven't seen any evidence of a fire station but may come online as more housing gets built.
    there are 3 schools (2 primary, 1 secondary) which have about 20% of student spaces filled.
    as it stands none of the promised 'town centre' amenities have been built ie shopping centres, swimming pool, library etc..

Adamstown is essentially two very large housing estates, Castlegate and The Paddocks and as there are no shops and limited amenities, it is basically just an extension of Lucan.
    Some good points:
    the schools are built and so is the train station.
    the houses/apts look well and seem to built to a high standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Hmm, the recession seems to have stopped everything in its tracks :(

Still I know my parents weren't looking forward to the possibility of at least another 8000 cars in Lucan :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I love Adamstown, I learned to drive there cos the roads are always totally empty :cool:

Very creepy at night though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭T-Square

Looks like it is in the back-of-beyond
    It is near Leixlip, and between a small aerodrome, and Lucan

http://osm.org/go/es98JSA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,634 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

T-Square wrote: »
    Looks like it is in the back-of-beyond
    It is near Leixlip, and between a small aerodrome, and Lucan

http://osm.org/go/es98JSA
    lol, Back of beyond, I'd can safely say you don't know the area at all,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭filthymcnasty

yeah would hardly say its the back of beyond: N4 is about 2 mins drive away, lucan 1 mile/dublin city centre about 10 miles

Advertisement