Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of Certificate of Compliance

Options
  • 04-11-2009 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi,

Recently built a new house and my engineer is looking for €750 + vat for the certificate of compliance. I thought it was a bit on the steep side, anyone any idea of the usual price for this ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭r-i-tect

Ted10 wrote: »
    Hi,

Recently built a new house and my engineer is looking for €750 + vat for the certificate of compliance. I thought it was a bit on the steep side, anyone any idea of the usual price for this ?

Thanks

Was he/she used in the job or have you carried out the works without the assistance of an Architect or Engineer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Ted10

He was the engineer that supervised the build, he has been paid for that part of it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

I charge €400 + VAT for a COC for a house I periodically look over during construction.

I charge €750 + VAT for a house I did not look over, if I take it on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

thick skinned and likely to charge anything :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 brish

Shouldnt cost more than €250 for a normal dwelling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,043 ✭✭✭✭muffler

brish wrote: »
    Shouldnt cost more than €250 for a normal dwelling
    Please dont grave dig threads where a question was asked almost 2 years ago. Im sure the OP has it sorted by now.

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement