Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dormmer Bungalow - Small wet patch on inside wall

Options
  • 04-11-2009 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

I have a dormer bungalow and I noticed a small wet patch high up on the wall after recent heavy rain. It is in the hallway and just to explain, the hallway ceiling stretches right up to the roof. It is appearing in the corner and coincides with the flashing outside of the house. Just wondering would it be faulty flashing...from looking at the outside I did notice a 'bubble' on part of this flashing. There is also guttering just below the flashing. My only concern is the wooden feature which is this high ceiling. I will take a pic and upload it but at the moment, I cannot find the lead for downloading:mad:.

I rang the builder as the house is only 11 years old and he is calling tomorrow and says it could also be a tile or indeed the flashing. I hope it is nothing more serious.

Any thoughts?

Advertisement