Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Deal For External HD

• 04-11-2009 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

The time has come for me to pick up an external hard drive.
    I wondering which are the best types/deals out there at the moment.
    I'm ideally looking for it to have a Firewire connection (although it is for a windows pc)

Thanks
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

personally I would get an internal HD, and a caddy, so that you can upgrade in the future. And if you ever need to you can put it into a pc.

the internal HD will be cheaper that an external, so will offset the cost of the caddy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

External 1Tb drives available in both Reads and Easons for €79/€89. Dane-elec and Seagate brands. Reads also have a 1.5Tb available if you need more storage.

I don't think either have firewire though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Norfork Nights

Thanks. I see the seagate on listed on easons website!
    Looks pretty good alright! The hard drive will be plugged in 24-7 would a Seagate Freeagent not be better for that?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I agree with earlier posting, an internal hard drive with your own enclosure will give you much better value, try this internal 1.5TB hard drive for €85 on komplett along with a decent enclosure from anywhere, I got this one off DX for €17 and it's all working fine and dandy, if you pick up from the komplett drop off point there is no P+P, bobs your uncle, a 1.5TB external hard drive for about €102

Advertisement