Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

**THIRD ** Biz Boardsies Networking event

• 04-11-2009 3:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭

Following successful events in Terenure and Blancharsdstown a third event will be held ... Liffey Valley this time

Purpose: Meet other Boardies for mutual help, advice, sharing ideas and even referrals.

Date......... Thursday 19th November
    Location... Clarion Hotel, Liffey Valley Centre
    Time.........8 - 10am
    Cost..........euro10 or less to cover room cost.
    Map..........http://www.clariondublinliffeyvalley.com/location.html

Please express your interest and subscribe to this thread.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 kitesurfingbum

see you there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭Andy_Black

Hi,

It's in my diary!

I'll probably not be there until nearer 9am though.

Andy

Grow Your Business With Digital Insight
    www.digitalinsight.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 chowdown

Hi - sounds good.

I'll get there as fast as Dublin Bus will allow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

On Boards for 2 years and only noticed this section now:o
    Got to say some great adviced being given here. Fair play to all concerned!
    So what happens for these meetings? Can I just show up on the day or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Spinnaker

Just show up Tom. Bring say ....
    - any biz issues you might be having (or highlight your biz thread beforehand)
    - your own experience for the benefit of others
    and add value.
    That's all.

• Advertisement

what was the final attendance at the other events?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Mr Biz

+1

There were half a doz at each.. Unfortunately last meeting a few got caught in traffic and had to head off.. Prob not the easiest place for everyone.. Clarion Hotel, Liffey Valley is prob better for all interested.. It will take time to evolve but feedback from all attendees suggest it has been very informative so far.. Good motivation if your self employed!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

wont know until thursday if I will be able to attend or not - however - highly unlikely as I'm up to my eyeballs with work (in a good way).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭SQ2

Very good meeting last time out, will defo be there. Are we bringing our laptops as well this time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Chubbcakes

sounds good, count me in!

• Advertisement

@ chowdown ... about 6 at the first two events.

@ sq2 ... laptop (presentations/other) of course can be used if add adding value as a discussion aid..

@ tomthepost. are you attending ?

@All attending or supporters, consider adding this event thread link to your signatures..

So far I'm counting around 7 or 8 attendees

if someone brings a laptop I might prepare a quick PowerPoint about my business idea for a short presentation to the others.

Would that be OK?

Sure, we can do a brain storm and see if we can help you out with your business idea?

If there's a laptop, internet connection, and a projector, and people are interested I can do a quick overview of Google Adwords, the Keyword Tool, and creating websites quick with Wordpress. Basically whatever people are interested in.

Andy

Grow Your Business With Digital Insight
    www.digitalinsight.ie

@ chowdown. yes presentation very welcome & very fitting but KEY points only please and 5-10 minutes max to leave some time for discussion and feedback to you. (consider starting another thread in advance of the meetup. post the link here)

@andy. an overview would be helpful to many but please check duration. again 5 -10 minute max before discussion for fairnerss to all. (internet and projector not guaranteed yet but I will follow up)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

Spinnaker wrote: »
    @ chowdown ... about 6 at the first two events.

@ sq2 ... laptop (presentations/other) of course can be used if add adding value as a discussion aid..

@ tomthepost. are you attending ?

@All attending or supporters, consider adding this event thread link to your signatures..

So far I'm counting around 7 or 8 attendees

Yes I intend going.

Thanks Spinnaker

I wasn't planning on anything more developed than maybe two slides and a very brief overview of what I'm thinking about setting up.

5-10mins is grand. flipchart better than internet connection.

cheers, andy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭MB74

Would love to attend but can't guarantee - school runs and all that, friday is my best day but will make every effort.

No Laptop projector I'm told, but there will be a flipchart

A common theme at past meets was increasing enquires and sales from attendees websites. Boardsie 'Andy_Black' has volunteered to introduce and lead a discussion on the topic Highly relevant I'm proposing it deserves 30 minutes at the end of the meet.

1) Search Engine Marketing
    What it is and why it is so beneficial to a business trying to generate more sales.

2) The Online Sales Funnel
    How measuring your conversion rates can help you manage and improve them, and how this grows your sales.

3) The Search Continuum
    Why not all queries are "buyers queries", and how to deal with the different types of queries.

4) Google Adwords
    How it can be used to find out quickly and cheaply what your potential customers are looking for, what your competitors are concentrating on, and where you can enter the market... all while driving visitors to your website.

5) A Search Engine Marketing Plan
    Simple steps to allow you to build a business and website that grows to meet what people are looking for... that can be applied by reinvesting the profits from the previous step.

6) (Time permitting) The 50/5 "rule"
    How the 80/20 "rule" applied twice would predict that half your sales can come from 5% of your customers.
    How to go beyond Search Engine Marketing and use this rule to grow your business.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Good Karma

Should be able to make that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Jag75

Count me in, see you Thursday.

REMINDER. 10 Biz Boardsies meet TOMORROW morning:

Purpose: Meet other Boardies for mutual help, advice, sharing ideas and even referrals, followed by

Presentation on Search Engine Marketing by Andy_Black

Date......... TOMORROW Thursday 19th November
    Location... Clarion Hotel, Liffey Valley Centre
    Time.........8 - 10am
    Cost..........euro10 or less to cover room cost.
    Map..........http://www.clariondublinliffeyvalley.com/location.html

Hi - sorry I missed this morning's session. I left it too late to leave the house and got caught up in the traffic.

How did it go?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 kitesurfingbum

Guy's it was a good meeting today,
    Good group with a wide range of expertises.
    sorry I had to go early.
    Looking forward to the next one.
    Regards
    Dave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

only saw this now :(

could you ask a boards admin for a site wide announcement for the next one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Mr Biz

Yet another informative morning.. Top marks to Andy Black for his "behind the scenes" insight to Search Engine Marketing...Priceless!!
    Until next time...

Thanks for comments.

@ chowdown. Too bad you didnt make it. The group was itching to get inside your idea.

@ nutz. Thx for suggestion. Will think about how to widen the net without killing the spirit of the thing. I will post to this thread again soon re another event in early/mid December.

@ andy_black of www.digitalinsight.ie Many thanks for practical search engine marketing insights. No-nonsense, easy to understand, tips on how to get your website site sales up.

Just echoing previous sentiment, very interesting.. hard act to follow Andy!

www.quickstitch.ie Happy Ben?! :D

• Advertisement

It was great meeting everyone, and I'm glad you found it helpful. Thanks for the positive feedback too!

If you have any queries about what we covered today then feel free to PM me or post it here and I'll do my best to answer it.

I'm happy to do a little slot at the end of each meet up for those who want to hang around and discuss how we can use the internet to increase our sales and test new ideas. If people have specifics they want to go through then please let me know beforehand, otherwise we can play it by ear on the day.

Cheers, Andy

All, Details of next event, Thursday December 10th, are available at this new thread. Please register your interest or comments at this new thread only. Thanks :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055749497

Advertisement