Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenant or Landlord - who pays?

Options
  • 04-11-2009 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I just moved in to a new apartment and have discovered that the shower is fixed very high on the wall and can't be adjusted. Also, there is not adequate cover (i.e. no shower curtain), meaning that:

1. The water is too high & is going over my girlfriend's head

2. The bathroom is getting soaked

We need to buy a shower curtain to stop the water coming out on to the floor and a shower mixer so the water can actually reach us.

Anyway my question is, who should pay for this, us or the landlord?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Landlord, I'd say.

Contact the landlord and have a word. I'm sure he/she wouldn't want their place getting ruined by water.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

What do you mean about the shower being too high? Does it not have good pressure?

Very odd to have shower facilities without a screen or curtain. Definitely get onto the landlord, I doubt they want their bathroom destroyed with water going everywhere.

Advertisement