Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are a skanger if...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

If you couldnt be more scum if you deep fried your tracksuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

You are not drunk, there are multiple public houses available for you to use, but you choose despite being a fairly well spoken and hot young lady to pull up your dress and have a piss in a corner beside the pub at 9pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

If you try to get your bird into Portmarnock Golf Club

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

So you are a stanger if you

have a big TV in your house
    buy Need For Speed or Fifa
    drink Cans
    don't like The Beatles
    like Bob Marley
    like Football
    are ugly (thats a really strange one)

Jaysus some of you After Hour folk need to move away from your computer and see what a skanger is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Fromvert wrote: »
    ...Jaysus some of you After Hour folk need to move away from your computer and see what a skanger is.

:eek: You have, you have - tell the truth - you have met my mother-in-law!
    Deepest sympathies. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

if you think the soapbar in your pocket is what bob marley was smoking.

if you think sinn fein are great, and the only irish phrase you know means 'our day will come'.

if you have a 'going out' tracksuit.

if the first thing said to you when you're wearing a suit is "would the defendant please rise".

if the gardaí know your family history.

you wear your neck jewellery outside your celtic jersey.

you wear a celtic jersey on a package holiday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Like Cascada.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Biggins wrote: »
    :eek: You have, you have - tell the truth - you have met my mother-in-law!
    Deepest sympathies. :D

Yes I have and she's a delightful woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

I had the misfortune to live beside glorious "skangers" of this type for a year and these were some of the skanger acts

- if its a hot summers day it is perfectly normal to bring your couch into the front garden and sit on it drinking your daily intake of 15 bottles of rolling rock
    - Permanently have a mattress out your back garden and lie on it on summers days no matter how many times cats have pissed on it.
    - Insist on calling your neighbour thomas even though he has told you on numerous occassions its not his name.
    -Send your five year old to the shops across main roads without assistance and then scream at her what has taken her so long
    -Go the whole hog and wear pyjamas constantly except for special occassions
    - Play Whitney Houston and Eminem alternatively until your neighbours lose their minds
    - Steal neighbours bin tags even though you dont require one cause your scamming the system.
    -Buy bangers of cars leaking oil, drive them half cut even if you dont have a license and block your neighbours drive so that the sap cant leave for work in the morning
    -Sit slackjawed on your neighbours wall if they are getting work done and comment on every aspect of it.
    -Your runners look like those ones that hang of power lines.
    -Use fake tan as ifts shower gel.
    -Croak repeatedly at those f%^kin dopes who have more than 100 words in their vocab
    -Give the impression you are a fitness fanatic by constantly wearing tracksuits until closer inspection shows up your badge of honour hot rocks burns.
    -Act surprised when your neighbour wont lend you his mobile to ring your drug dealer cause you have no credit and need your money for drugs as opposed to topping up your credit
    -If your standing at the bus stop rip off the timetable as you now know what time the bus comes at on Friday for the visit to Wheatfield/Joy

I could go on!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭I_Am_The_Walrus

If you shop in jd sports.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Pokerpro

Vast majority are cross-eyed

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭jenny2hat

iF u tYp3 LyK3 DiS.

¬¬

If you're a half aluminous half orange ''masso girlo''
    :p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Fromvert wrote: »
    So you are a stanger if you
    have a big TV in your house

This has come up a few times. So AH is either full of Gardai or lots of people spent time in the company of skangers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

If you wear a huge diamond earring in your left ear, much like your rapper idols.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Caco

You walk out in front of moving traffic with your hand up expecting it to stop
    You speak loudly down the phone to your mate (i.e. dealer) on public transport about future prospective transactions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Nettie

YhOoo CaN'tT h3lP BuTt RiiT3 liiK3 DiiSss, BabeSshHhh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Your a skanger if :

- you think Bob Marley is the greatest singer of all time.
    You're a skanger if you say you're in to reggae cos you like Bob Marley. And couldn't name another reggae artist to save your life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

You're a skanger if you say you're in to reggae cos you like Bob Marley. And couldn't name another reggae artist to save your life.

i prefer peter tosh, myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Nettie wrote: »
    YhOoo CaN'tT h3lP BuTt RiiT3 liiK3 DiiSss, BabeSshHhh.

That right there was one of the main reasons I left Bebo! (aside from it being rubbish, generally.)

You're a skanger if your boyfriend is also your brother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Ah here, some of ye're descriptions of skangers are just descriptions of teenage fads. eg TyPiiN LiiKE DiiS BaBii, earrings, pink t-shirts, tucking trackies into socks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

If you drive a white mid-ninties Glanza or Civic with crazy alloys.
    If you're 5ft 7, and wear a basecap cap which makes it look like a cap is actually driving the car by itself.
    If you listen to crazy jungle music in your Glanza/Civic which makes my teeth vibrate while Im sitting behind you at a traffic light.
    If youve bolted a funnel off the titantic onto the back of your tiny car.

That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

If you drink cans of dutch around town at any hour of the day.

If you plaster your hair to your forehead with gel.

If you wear those skin tight underarmour and the like to clubs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

baz2009 wrote: »
    Ah here, some of ye're descriptions of skangers are just descriptions of teenage fads. eg TyPiiN LiiKE DiiS BaBii, earrings, pink t-shirts, tucking trackies into socks.
    Teenage skangers generally though to be fair...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

-when you throw rubbish on the ground even though there is a bin right there:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

-if you're afraid to open this post to find out if you're actually one

-

• Registered Users Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭CR 7

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    If you're blinding me with your all white ensemble which includes a cap, track suit top and bottoms, socks (which you have your bottoms tucked into) and nikeys.

They have their own brand of shoes now? Maybe that's why they all wear the same ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭irishultra

I've had a knack call me foreign when speaking irish.

basically skangers hate the brits but embody the worst aspects of that (British) culture.

Hallmarks of a skanger:
    supports 'the pool', or are Manchester United or Celtic fan. Normally has not idea who Celtic are playing or any of their players but say you support them because they're 'Irish'

Are apathetic or have a hatred for non-anglophone culture.

Obsessed with celebrity culture. Love shows like Britains got talent and X-Factor.

Read papers like the 'Irish' sun and the 'irish' daily mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

- your favourite holiday destination is one of the Canary Islands.

i would imagine alot of peoples favourite holiday destination is one of the canary islands given that its the only place in "europe" guaranteed warm weather year round, you could have been more specific ie skangers never leave playa de las americas or playa de las ingles the entire two weeks they are there :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭994

orourkeda wrote: »
    If you finish a sentence with what as opposed to beginning a sentence with what?

E.g your oul wan what?

They could also be very posh - "This is capital sherry, what?"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭MrMicra

You may think its funny but I've been purposely tripped when walking past a bus stop by a bunch of ferrel youths,

Correct!

Advertisement