Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are a skanger if...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

you want 'all de bleedin ****' out of the country but 2pac 'pronounced 'chewpack'', is your idol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭TheRealist

irishultra wrote: »

Read papers like the 'Irish' sun and the 'irish' daily mail.

I think you mean 'look at the pictures'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Elephant Monkey

As an adult you proudly walk around with a BurgerKing cardboard crown on your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

eightyfish wrote: »
    You are a skanger if...

[*]You listen to your whole music collection on your mobile phone. On public transport.
    That assumption is wrong in my case, nokia 5310 with headphones and mostly heavy metal:pac: Not my fault i'm a poor student...

And to add to the list:

* If you only have comebacks like "yore ma/da"
    * Think handing around a bus stop or on some steps makes you cool
    * See a photographer and think they are just *****rs
    * Love to throw stones at and antagonise the emergency services
    * Have 6 mates all playing the same song from your phones on the back of a bus, upstairs of course as thats where the cool kids are at:p
    * You have two mates called anto, another called deco and your sisters are probably called seeelllliiiiinnnnaaaa, raaaaccchhheelllll and sttaaaaaccyyyyyy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

bigeasyeah wrote: »
    -Watch soccer.

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭boredboard

for definition of skanger someone needs to put up a link to youtube video from athlone (I can't right now; youtube blocked and not using proxy)... the one with the 'female' asking the 'male' why he sleeps with hippos... it is taken on a mobile phone looking down into the street... it is scary... possibly a fake but funny nonetheless

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Liamo08

The only clean item of clothing that you are wearing is your sparkling white socks which you are so proud of you feel the need to tuck your tracksuit into them, which has the added bonus of showing off your lovely black shoes as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭powerfade

True story, one of my buddies works for Tralee town council and a birth cert was sent, the baby was given the christian names..... wait for it, wait for it..... Rhianna Beyonce. We have now given her the moniker of Rho Bo. Poor girl she doesn't have a hope..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

The below constitutes a "skanger"...?
    eightyfish wrote: »
    You are a skanger if...
    • Your ass says "Juicy".
    • You listen to your whole music collection on your mobile phone. On public transport.
    • You have a daughter callled "Shaniah" or "Britney".
    • You randomly vandalise.
    • Your TV is far too big for your living room.
    • You have a fluffy pink steeringwheel-cover and matching dice.
    • You call it "me Growler".
    • The chipper counts as "Italian Food".
    The highlighted ones I would also associate with those D4 ones whose accents make me want to tear my ears off and never set foot anywhere near where the 46A stops - ever, ever again.
    What do non skangers refer to their vaginas as? I choose the particularly classy "my gee". And anyone could randomly vandalise. It takes a fair bit more to constitute a "skanger". :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

You follow liverpool.
    You write quotes from 2pac songs on bus shelters.
    You voted no to Lisbon because some bloke down the back of the 17a told u we'd loose out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

You can do really loud whistles with or without your fingers

You can do surprisingly long wheelies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭bakkiesbotha

If you are a bloke and have ever walked around in public with no top on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

If you are a bloke and have ever walked around in public with no top on

The beach?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

If you spit in public.

Your nickname is a shortened down version of ur name wit o added to the end. Or ur surname wit er added to the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

• If you can't tell the time from an analogue clock and have to ask other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Spit and chew gum in sync.

Think WKD is 'lush'

Drive around town, windows down, seat near horizontal, boom chikka boom emanating from the stereo, Burberry cap in place.

Never laugh or smile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

derfderf wrote: »
    Your nickname is a shortened down version of ur name wit o added to the end. Or ur surname wit er added to the end.

My surname is Fagan. Some bastard shortened it to Fago. Now it's stuck with me.

But No deary deary me I'm not a skanger.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

You think the phrase, "We were only havin' a laugh like" is an excuse for anything.......even when arrested with the knife still in your hand dripping with blood :D

EG. Could hear a lot of glass breaking. Went around the corner to see a gang of teenage scumbags lobbing empty bottles....at their girlfriends!! Bottle after bottle smashing within inches of their faces, on the ground, on the wall beside them....

"WTF are you doing lads??"........"We were only havin a laugh!"

WIPE THEM OUT........ALL OF THEM :D

Fago_25 wrote: »
    My surname is Fagan. Some bastard shortened it to Fago. Now it's stuck with me.

But No deary deary me I'm not a skanger.

First name wit an o. You'd have to be faganer under those rules.

Also, ur a skanger if u think grand theft auto and driver are the epitome of gaming.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

if your idea of protection during sex is a bus shelter

if you have kids for the mickey money

if you don't mind fathering kids or causing damage or other stuff that you might have to pay for because you've got no money so no one can sue you

Your parents know you take class As and don't mind. +1 if they take them wit you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Like the doctor I know who takes coke and yokes with his daughter? Or the psychiatric nurse I know who partakes of same with her daughter?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

First name wit an o. You'd have to be faganer under those rules.

Also, ur a skanger if u think grand theft auto and driver are the epitome of gaming.

GTA IV is one of the best games ever my man. Probably beaten by Assassins Creed though!
    Dudess wrote: »
    Like the doctor I know who takes coke and yokes with his daughter? Or the psychiatric nurse I know who partakes of same with her daughter?

Betcha there is something going on there in the first one!!!!

For the second, can I get a number, or a recommendation :P They sound fun!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭walshb

KevR wrote: »
    • If you can't tell the time from an analogue clock and have to ask other people.

Then you are just dumb...:) Or, Blond!

I like this thread, but there's simply far too many traits being
    thrown around.

Maybe a Top 5?

Here's mine: No particular order.

Freely and unashamedly swear in front of children
    Wear tracksuits to funerals.
    Own a pit bull to "look mean."
    Wear pyjamas' outside the house.
    Deliberately talk with a "waaarh" accent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭star.chaser

you use cling film instead of condoms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭milod

you're a skanger if you address any male under 25 as 'yunfleh'
    and any male over 25 as 'misstauh'

having a girlfriend with a black eye earns extra points.

GTA IV is one of the best games ever my man. Probably beaten by Assassins Creed though!

The gangster/thuglife setting is a bit skangery. A game wit the same mechanics in a different setting wouldn't appeal to the same fanbase.

Also havin you me and marley in your collection.

Dudess wrote: »

I know an accountant that takes part in fights arranged before bohs and rovers games. Does his profession stop him bein a skanger?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

I know an accountant that takes part in fights arranged before bohs and rovers games. Does his profession stop him bein a skanger?

#1 - The first rule of Fight Club is, you do not talk about Fight Club.
    #2 - The second rule of Fight Club is, you DO NOT talk about Fight Club.
    #3 - If someone says stop, goes limp, taps out, the fight is over.
    #4 - Two guys to a fight.
    #5 - One fight at a time.
    #6 - No shirts, no shoes.
    #7 - Fights will go on as long as they have to.
    #8 - If this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight.

Jesus! see rule #1 & 2

Advertisement