Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CUP - ROUND 3

Options
  • 04-11-2009 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

Should be a handy game for me tonight, playing a 1-click team.

Going to play WNWIM although this is exactly the same situation that saw me exit the cup last year !! I lost to a crap team playing WNWIM.

I know this team plays normal so I am hoping it will be enough. Also, got a must win league game this weekend so could do without any injuries of note !

how is everyone else fixed ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Eireannach

Exact same situation. Opponent is a 1-click player, going to play WNWIM. Good luck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

jprender wrote: »
    how is everyone else fixed ?

I'm screwed div I side! They are recently promoted via playoffs so I am LTNT'ing them an you never know!

Playing league leaders this weekend but going to roll over (sorry Orizo!) I have picked which teams to have a crack at, only changing plan if the other team is performing poorly.

so very slim chance of progressing in cup unfortunately! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

I'm up against another Div. III team. I have a better team in terms of csr although not by too much. I'm playing normal so should win unless I get LTNT'd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

mar-z wrote: »
    I'm up against another Div. III team. I have a better team in terms of csr although not by too much. I'm playing normal so should win unless I get LTNT'd.

You'll get LTNT'd

Cup games are more important than league games at the moment !

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

Playing a Div.III team as well. Seem pretty evenly matched so gonna LTNT it as would like to stay in the cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

Im up against a div2 team so im screwd. No hope of winning so gonna wnwim it.

Shame, i would have liked a cup run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

I should go through tonight too, up against a newly promoted Div III team who last logged on at the start of September. Not gonna chance WNWIM though and am playing Normal.

BTW what's a 1-click team? :confused:

BTW what's a 1-click team? :confused:

registered and since then have not logged in again :confused: madness - BO rules!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

playing a boardies called siltirocker but dont think ive seen him post on this forum. he's div 4 so im WNWIM it but at halftime there only 4 points in it so its too close for comfort at minute.

TNT'd it... took an early lead nice try. held it for 11 mins and not out of my 22 since...:(

36-7 currently... the teams CSR is WAY higher but was hoping that they'd NWIM me...but doubt it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I had a very winnable tie against another Div V team, but I have a huge league game on Saturday, so I have rested 5 or 6 of my key players and thus Im 15 points down.

Ah well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Drew another bot team, so 54-5 up with the development team wnwim.

BTW jprender, your analysis of Div 3.3 looks spot on to me. Great work.

You'll get LTNT'd

I did, unless a miracle happens in the last few minutes I'm out of the cup :(

Yep 3-10 and out of the cup

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

7-7 with 5 minutes to go. Just missed a penalty from in front of the posts. WAs losing at halftime so need to score....:o

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Blendage

mar-z wrote: »
    I did, unless a miracle happens in the last few minutes I'm out of the cup :(

Unlucky mar-z, they seemed to have a very tight defense.

I was hoping you would win, so the cup games would tire out your players!;)

Currently beating a Div IV team 44-12 but my most important player got injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

PHEW!!!! Got through 21-14 with my last try scored on 78 mins.

Saw this for the first time " [URL="javascript:playerClick(3431380);"]O'Garvey[/URL] is still looking a bit woozy as he gives way to [URL="javascript:playerClick(3431390);"]Coveney[/URL]. This might be a concussion that will keep him out for a while. In fact... Oh Lord, he's gone down the tunnel and into the wrong dressing-room!" :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Lost as expected. I WNWIM'd them cause I knew I didnt have a chance :D might aswell get some ingame training off them

Won easily, hoping for a good draw next week.

Won the game 40-0 playing WNWIM, and the real bonus is no injuries !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

pulled away in second half to win 19-33 WNWIM. good days work done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Phew! Haven't gone over the match yet but just beat a Div IV team 17-0. I was playing on normal, so glad I didn't bump the intensity up or down.
    Drew another bot team, so 54-5 up with the development team wnwim.

BTW jprender, your analysis of Div 3.3 looks spot on to me. Great work.

Pretty spot on alright, though you spent more time talking about me than my team. Hopefully my opponents will now start trying to weaken me with some free sauce. :pac:

Got spanked 57 -7 :( no repeat of last seasons cup run for me..out 3 rounds earlier:( going to miss that income.

but happy enough with how team performed in relation though had some good passaged of play but their defense was too good to crack.

Well onwards and upwards... well done to the rest of you, I am now going for the boards cup (need some silverware!):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Well, I'm rather happy... I have a Div V bot in the next round, and after a quick review of the match I'm a bit happier with my lads' performance. Quite a few tries the aul vid ref "he say no".

It looks like most if not all the boards.ie teams have got very good draws in round 4, should be a lot of us in round 5 :D

Blendage wrote: »
    I was hoping you would win, so the cup games would tire out your players!;)

Currently beating a Div IV team 44-12 but my most important player got injured.

Yeah looks like I'm concentrating on the league from now on. So with the same gesture here's to an amazing cup run for Stab County!

Damn that loss put a fairly big hit to my rankings and I dropped a couple of places ranking-wise in my league.

Although, the way it is now is more realistic, unfortunately I'm not the 3rd best team in the league like the rankings said before.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

scrapped a win away to a div.III team, played LTNT and won 21-17. Only difference was I converted my 3 trys and they only converted one. Looks like I have a div.IV one click team next up so at least my team can get some rest next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I'm sure this will shock absolutely no one...but I won. Again. :cool:

Orizio wrote: »
    I'm sure this will shock absolutely no one...but I won. Again. :cool:

Ha :p

• Advertisement

It looks like most if not all the boards.ie teams have got very good draws in round 4, should be a lot of us in round 5 :D

Rub it in that some of us got crappy draws this time round!:p - like there were bot teams in the last round...surely they can be got rid of after round one if all bot teams play a human player...or at least round 2...:confused:

Advertisement