Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ip software to moniter Computer usage

Options
  • 04-11-2009 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Hello

I am currently researching ways to save energy in businesses. What i am looking for is Software that collects data on computer states. I.E.

The computer is switched off ,
    the computer is powering on,
    the computer is idle,
    the computer is in use,
    the computer is in screen saver mode
    the computer is in standbye mode
    the computer is powering off
    the computer is off

the whole idea is to use the network port to moniter each of the 1000 computers in the company and to relay the information back to a central server that compiles the data in real time.

so lets say
    DELL 149.153.XXX.XX 5.15 in use, DELL 149.153.XXX.XX 6pm, powering off

the results are then compiled and stored into the database, the results are then retrieved from the database and analysed.

The whole point of this exercise is to cost the computers in there different states > Wattage usage and KWH usage etc

One could also use network software to make computer users via logon aware of there usage.

thanks for any advice given.
    Ciaran

just suggest similar software
    or MYSQL PHP design ideas.

Advertisement