Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network Change, review

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Recently moved to ongame myself. Software is horrible but so are the players so it works out well. To bad I'll be moving down to 10NL. Damn withdrawals.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

Tonight was my first late night session. Played from about 11pm to just now. Brilliant stuff, some of the calls people made were hilarious. Turned a 4 buy in downswing to a 4 buy in upswing. So so uber soft.

Regfest again today. Down 5 buy ins. All in pre flop only 5 times and lost every one. Was behind for most of them too.... although the 3-way KK vs AQ vs AK hurt pretty bad.

It'll be great next week when I can no longer play during the day... can concentrate on extracting value in the evenings.

I don't know why I've turned this thing into a bit of a blog..... ill stop now.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭1stimpressions

jimbling wrote: »
    Regfest again today. Down 5 buy ins. All in pre flop only 5 times and lost every one. Was behind for most of them too.... although the 3-way KK vs AQ vs AK hurt pretty bad.

It'll be great next week when I can no longer play during the day... can concentrate on extracting value in the evenings.

I don't know why I've turned this thing into a bit of a blog..... ill stop now.

Well i am finding it interesting and i dont play cash at all. Anything that helps poker players on here is to be encouraged. Comparing and recommending sites although it seems counterintuatuve could actually be very beneficial for the poker community here. Blog on.

Cheers.

And just a quick follow up. Once again I was cruising tonight. Recovered the 5 buy ins lost today. So from that, if I had not played during the regfest of the last two days I would be up 11 buy ins in 4 hours play at night.

I'm done with day time poker, not worth it. I'll be back to the grindstone in my real job next week anyway.

• Advertisement

Day time poker is a different story on a Saturday. I think I'm going to have to see it as a working day from now on, incredible value. :D
    Played two 2 hour sessions. Ran pretty well and was up 10.5 buy ins for the day.

So, after my first 17k hands on ongame I have increased my initial deposit of $250 (due to the deposit restrictions when I first joined) up to $2550. Pretty impressive going, even over such a small sample size.

Stats_1.jpg

The stats have gradually changed as the hands grew. I had started with a huge VPIP and PFR. Seemed the games were very docile and passive so I was been very aggressive. That seems to have changed a bit, most games are aggressive although not nearly as bad as iPoker.

Something else that I didnt mention in my original review was the shortstackers. I found those guys such a headwreck on iPoker. There was just so so so many of them.
    There are shortstackers on ongame too, but there are a lot less of them, and they are normally the very poor standard shortstackers only playing 1 table rather than the efficient shortstackers playing 20 tables on ipoker.
    I have only spotted one reg guy who is actually a decent shorty.

:mad:

graphEV_2.jpg

Was playing okay, only made one mistake when I called a guys river bet with AA when it was pretty obvious I was beat.

Sickest hand of the session:

No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (4 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($105.75)
    BB ($53.10)
    Hero (UTG) ($239.25)
    Button ($133.90)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Kheart.gif, Kdiamond.gif
    Hero bets $3, Button raises $10.50, 2 folds, Hero raises $27, Button calls $19.50

Flop: ($61.50) 8spade.gif, Kspade.gif, 10club.gif(2 players)
    Hero bets $35, Button calls $35

Turn: ($131.50) 5club.gif(2 players)
    Hero checks, Button bets $68.90 (All-In), Hero calls $68.90

River: ($269.30) Jspade.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $269.30

Results:
    Button had Qdiamond.gif, Aspade.gif (straight, Ace high).
    Hero had Kheart.gif, Kdiamond.gif (three of a kind, Kings).
    Outcome: Button won $267.30

And it got worse. :(

graphEV_3.jpg

And that doesn't even include some of the horrible rivers that people got on me before the money went in.

Is anyone good enough to get away from this hand?

No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($105.45)
    BB ($110.85)
    UTG ($100.50)
    Hero (MP) ($162)
    Button ($205.55)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 9heart.gif, 9spade.gif
    UTG bets $3.50, Hero calls $3.50, 1 fold, SB calls $3, 1 fold

Flop: ($11.50) 9diamond.gif, 8spade.gif, 8heart.gif(3 players)
    SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($11.50) Kdiamond.gif(3 players)
    SB checks, UTG bets $7, Hero calls $7, SB calls $7

River: ($32.50) 8club.gif(3 players)
    SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $30, SB raises $94.95 (All-In), 1 fold, Hero calls $64.95

Total pot: $222.40

Results:
    SB had 4diamond.gif, 8diamond.gif (four of a kind, eights).
    Hero had 9heart.gif, 9spade.gif (full house, nines over eights).
    Outcome: SB won $219.40

I know it was most likely an 8, but villain is a 32/10 monkey with inf aggression on the river. I'd say he would do the same thing with a K here.

I am so pissed off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

You have to bet the flop there. Whatever about the river, bet the flop!

Sick run. But at least depsite running 7 buy ins below ev you've only dropped 4, so you've managed ti still play decent and the damage to your roll is minimum

Slash/ED wrote: »
    You have to bet the flop there. Whatever about the river, bet the flop!

Sick run. But at least depsite running 7 buy ins below ev you've only dropped 4, so you've managed ti still play decent and the damage to your roll is minimum

Ya, I normally would, but I was on a bit of a tilt at the time as I had lost so many hands where I was ahead, and people were folding every time I had the nuts. I wanted someone to catch something to get money on later streets..... Just not another 8 :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I dont hate the flop check but id raise the turn to set it up for a river shove, never fold there vs anyone btw.

Ran sickly bad again last night. Ran monsters into monsters on three occasions, so my EV line was well below 0 anyway.

graphEV_4.jpg

Also lost two buy ins to the biggest loser on the network at 100nl. Very upsetting. He played the hand well though, exactly how he would with weak pair.... my shove on the turn did nothing to put him off his flopped set though.

I quit after the below hand, I just couldn't take anymore. I had just lost JJ vs AK all in pre on another table about 10 seconds before. Then this monkey calls a 5bet shove with AJ :eek: and gets away with it.

No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($348.80)
    BB ($124.75)
    UTG ($100)
    MP ($149.30)
    Hero (Button) ($98)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Jdiamond.gif, Jclub.gif
    UTG bets $3.50, 1 fold, Hero raises $12, 2 folds, UTG raises $34, Hero raises $86 (All-In), UTG calls $60.50

Flop: ($197.50) 10heart.gif, 10club.gif, Aclub.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: ($197.50) 4spade.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($197.50) 6spade.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $197.50

Results:
    Hero had Jdiamond.gif, Jclub.gif (two pair, Jacks and tens).
    UTG had Adiamond.gif, Jspade.gif (two pair, Aces and tens).
    Outcome: UTG won $194.50

Tiredness is the biggest killer in the game. It's not that you don't play well at first.... the issue is that when you start taking some hits you get so frustrated. This then leads to major errors. At one point I check-raised all in on a turn with 33 on a 6JK board without any real knowledge of my opponent. Was just sick of getting overrun. Terrible stuff.

This god damn site is rigged. :rolleyes: Run like god when you join, then run like the devil after that.

7 buy ins below EV again today.

4 times I lost all in with KK pre flop.

Made some great calls and every time the guy hits his outs. Every time. Any time I push with draws I get called and not once did I hit.

I'm on uber tilt now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭shano_88

played 200 hands on everest there. Software was kinda tilting but i think i could get used to it. Easy to lodge and easy to cash out. Gona play a few thousand hands and see how i get on.

shano_88 wrote: »
    played 200 hands on everest there. Software was kinda tilting but i think i could get used to it. Easy to lodge and easy to cash out. Gona play a few thousand hands and see how i get on.

same, there's some absolute nutters on the site.

After 10 mins at one table, notes on one player was "seems to have no understanding of poker, called bet on every street with 82o, hitting nothing"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Told yiz! Its another world. Most of their marketing is done in France and Italy....enough said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

Let's not tell the whole world just yet. It can stay our little secret for a while, right? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭FullOf..IT

Anywhere you can buy Everest Hand Histories?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

not afaik.

I just feel sick. I had upped my account from $250 to $2500. Took out $1k... I prefer to keep only a small part of my bankroll on the account, normally serves me well for tilt issues.

The account is now empty. 15 Buy In downswing. I played okay for the most part. Made mistakes yes, probably lost a few buy in due to tilt. But I just run bad. I've been running bad for a year. One good spurt for two weeks made me think it was the software change, but it wasn't.... I'm back to my old self.

graphEV_5.jpg

I know the EV line is only break even anyway, but the graph doesn't get across my true pain. Also not sure if you notice it, but the Winnings line does not stop at the -900 it goes right down to -1200, not sure why it can't be seen. I just lost two monster pots in a row. 1010 vs AA on a 10 7 K board (we were both 200bb deep in 3bet pot) and 10 6 vs JJ on a 789 board.

Really not sure I'm cut out for cash poker.... and that's pissing me off more than anything.

I'll at least be taking one or two weeks off before depositing again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

If anything it shows you are cut out for it, we can infer you're very likely capable of beating the games over a long sample you just ran sickeningly bad. Dropping 12 buy ins is not all that rare, though. I don't know how big your roll is, but it has to be big enough to sustain that kind of hit. They wont happen often, but they will happen. Maybe drop down a level, get your confidence back and rebuild your roll a bit, and then take a shot, because there shouldn't be much to suggest that your problem is an inability to beat the games.

Slash/ED wrote: »
    If anything it shows you are cut out for it, we can infer you're very likely capable of beating the games over a long sample you just ran sickeningly bad. Dropping 12 buy ins is not all that rare, though. I don't know how big your roll is, but it has to be big enough to sustain that kind of hit. They wont happen often, but they will happen. Maybe drop down a level, get your confidence back and rebuild your roll a bit, and then take a shot, because there shouldn't be much to suggest that your problem is an inability to beat the games.

Cheers for the positive response.

It's not a bankroll issue at all. In fact, I have a 100 buy-in roll. I just don't keep it in the actual account.

Just to mention, it's a 15 buy-in drop. Twice HEM didn't record a loss because I left the table straight away. I didn't realise it was happening....basically when you bust it comes up asking do you want to buy in or leave. If you click leave too soon you lose the hand history. I've contacted support but they can't find the hand unless I know exactly when it happened.

When you take deals into account I am actually still up 16 buy ins for the month, which isn't so bad. My issue is that these downswings just crush my confidence and makes me play well below my normal standard of play.... which isn't that great to begin with :rolleyes:. I start to spew and this makes the downswing much worse.
    I just need a break... I'll get back into it again in December.

Unlucky, Jimbling. I've gone from 2 buyins over EV to 4 under in about 2000hands, never mind all the times my opponents are hitting their outs on the river or hitting random two-pairs with crap. It hurts, and it's really hard to stay positive.

I only just moved up levels, so I'm gonna have to move back down now and ride it out. :(

The software is gone to ****e again. Can barely 3 table at the moment. Every button click takes an age.
    Exactly how it was the first week. I sent an email to heypoker and the response was:
    We don't have a clue about that, but we'll email ongame about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

theres a thread on 2+2 here http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29/news-views-gossip/warning-about-tower-gaming-tl-dr-656116/ from a pretty reliable source which may be a word of warning to some on game players, i got no idea how the different skins operate on that network though

nuxxx wrote: »
    theres a thread on 2+2 here http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29/news-views-gossip/warning-about-tower-gaming-tl-dr-656116/ from a pretty reliable source which may be a word of warning to some on game players, i got no idea how the different skins operate on that network though

cheers, but its all a bit meh. Just seems to be an issue between those guys.... don't think it's really a danger to the rest of us.

I have so far had no problems with cashouts or deals, although I think they are messing about at the moment the payments. They have stopped updating daily etc.

Okay, I can't deal with the software. I can only play 2/3 tables now, and even then my comp is pretty much at a standstill.

So, might as well use this time to join somewhere else.

Everest seems to be the most spouted one on this thread so might try that.
    Two bad points though:
    1) Less RB.
    2) Can not purchase data mined hands. That's pretty disappointing. If anyone knows of somewhere to get them, or would like to swap for hands on ipoker/ongame let me know.

Anywhere else people can recommend?
    I put in 10-25k hands a month at 100NL.

Just downloaded Everest there for a look.
    Multi-tabling might be a bit of an issue, the minimum table size is a bit ridiculous.
    I can just squeeze 4 on my laptop without overlay, but takes up the whole screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

i know this might sound like a lol, but party?

50/100 nl were the softest games i ever played there. 0 rb, but there reward system isnt that shabby, plus the player pool is full of fish and about 5% regs

• Advertisement

jimbling wrote: »
    Just downloaded Everest there for a look.
    Multi-tabling might be a bit of an issue, the minimum table size is a bit ridiculous.
    I can just squeeze 4 on my laptop without overlay, but takes up the whole screen.
    You really, really, really should get a monitor. Preferably two of them. The difference is massive.

Advertisement