Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentist for a child

• 04-11-2009 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

I hope someone can give me a recommendation. I am looking for a dentist for my child who is 11years. She has a really bad gag reflex and in the past can't even have the back of her teeth cleaned because of this. Does anyone know a dentist who is really patient, etc? I am sure my child is not the first to have this happen. Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I tried Noleen Walsh and was told by her receptionist that she doesn't really work with children, etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,633 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Im 20 and i have problem as ur daughter. Theres a dentist out in tramore that is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭sfmonet

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Im 20 and i have problem as ur daughter. Theres a dentist out in tramore that is very good.

Do you have the name of the dentist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭deisedol

There is a female dentist in Belvedere Dental- on Paddy Browns Road up from WIT. she treated a friends son and she said she was excellent with kids and good value too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

As a child, why does she not go to the HSE dentists in the community care centre on the Cork Rd? They only deal with children...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

I would recommend the newly opened dental practice in Ferrybank. The dentist in question is extremely patient, and very gentle. I have a major fear of the dentists chair :o but he completely put me at ease.

Let me know if you need the phone number, and I'll get it for you.

HTH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Clano

deisedol wrote: »
    There is a female dentist in Belvedere Dental- on Paddy Browns Road up from WIT. she treated a friends son and she said she was excellent with kids and good value too.

I would really recommend her too i went to her last may she was excellent going back again soon.
    I hate dentists and stuff but she is great she wouldnt feel a thing.
    Not sure of the name but her practise is on the cornor of paddy browns road and arbour road. near the grotto.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭sfmonet

gscully wrote: »
    As a child, why does she not go to the HSE dentists in the community care centre on the Cork Rd? They only deal with children...

As with any place unfortunately I have been biased by bad stories from other people towards that place. I am sure everyone's experience is different. Saying that my child is very good in the chair, etc. She doesn't fidget or put up a fuss. Its just when they go to clean the back teeth, she gags and basically the dentist gives up.

But thank you for your recommendation anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Clano wrote: »
    I would really recommend her too i went to her last may she was excellent going back again soon.
    I hate dentists and stuff but she is great she wouldnt feel a thing.
    Not sure of the name but her practise is on the cornor of paddy browns road and arbour road. near the grotto.
    Is that claudia your on about?
    She is lovely. Never went too her meself, i just know her through me mother and work.
    One of my mates is scared of needles and he asked her to take his tooth out without any injection. He said he didnt feel a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Clano

seanybiker wrote: »
    Is that claudia your on about?
    She is lovely. Never went too her meself, i just know her through me mother and work.
    One of my mates is scared of needles and he asked her to take his tooth out without any injection. He said he didnt feel a thing.

Yep thats her shes brilliant! id recommend her to anyone. shes german and is really relaxed and pleasant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Clano wrote: »
    Yep thats her shes brilliant! id recommend her to anyone. shes german and is really relaxed and pleasant
    she a lovely woman. She was up in me house a few weeks back . I was trying not to show her me teeth in case she told me to call down. Really dont like dentists .

• Advertisement
Advertisement