Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Dart timetable from end of Nov.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

loyatemu wrote: »
    http://www.irishrail.ie/news_centre/news.asp?action=view&news_id=551

9 extra services each way from Greystones with trains every 30 mins on the hour and half hour - looks a big improvement (though obviously some changes may not suit everyone). There's finally a dart @ 0900 as well.

Finally!

Good news

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

The 9am one will make my life a little easier! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 MimiQ

How will our shuttle bus cope with all the new trains?!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,936 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

MimiQ wrote: »
    How will our shuttle bus cope with all the new trains?!

there isn't a huge difference in the rush-hour frequency, most of the extra services are off-peak.

Morning departures from Greystones:

Current Time|New Time
    0620 | 0600
    0645 | 0630
    0702* | 0654*
    0710 | 0700
    0730 | 0730
    0754* | 0750*
    0805 | 0800
    0830 | 0830
    0930 | 0930

* Diesel services

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

Good news, but this better not result in an increased management fee if there are extra buses!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

The 07.54 diesel service moving to 07.50 will be interesting. As it currently has to wait on the tracks south of Greystones until almost 08.00 every day waiting for the 08.30 DART to come out from Bray and clear the track, I'm not sure how it will work.

eigrod wrote: »
    The 07.54 diesel service moving to 07.50 will be interesting. As it currently has to wait on the tracks south of Greystones until almost 08.00 every day waiting for the 08.30 DART to come out from Bray and clear the track, I'm not sure how it will work.

they'll probably send 2 in a row out from Bray earlier in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Ciaranpm

The services leaving Greystones are good but to me there is a downside( sorry to be bearer of bad news)

The flaw is now darts leaving Connolly is for people that finish work at 5 have to wait 25mins (new time 17:25) for a dart to greystones and people who finish work at half 5 have to wait to 25 mins (new time 17:55) for a dart to greystones. Even if you get the diesel (new time 17:30) it has to trundle 5 mins behind a dart stopping everywhere it will take as long as the dart even though it stops less.

The old 17:40 dart to greystones was perfect for the half 5 people.Why o why did they not just shift the old 16:55 dart to greystones to 17:10 or make one of the three darts that previously ran to Bray between 5 and 5:30 run on to greystones.

I would be interested to know if people feel the same as I do, with winter here the last thing I want to is sit/stand on that windy platform 5 for a half hour!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Ciaranpm wrote: »
    The services leaving Greystones are good but to me there is a downside( sorry to be bearer of bad news)

The flaw is now darts leaving Connolly is for people that finish work at 5 have to wait 25mins (new time 17:25) for a dart to greystones and people who finish work at half 5 have to wait to 25 mins (new time 17:55) for a dart to greystones. Even if you get the diesel (new time 17:30) it has to trundle 5 mins behind a dart stopping everywhere it will take as long as the dart even though it stops less.

The old 17:40 dart to greystones was perfect for the half 5 people.Why o why did they not just shift the old 16:55 dart to greystones to 17:10 or make one of the three darts that previously ran to Bray between 5 and 5:30 run on to greystones.

I would be interested to know if people feel the same as I do, with winter here the last thing I want to is sit/stand on that windy platform 5 for a half hour!!!!!!

You do wonder about the people who makes these decisions.

Your name rings a bell btw

another change - the diesel at 1730 will no longer serve GCD or Lansdowne, passengers at those stations going to Wicklow or beyond can get the 1725 Dart and change at Greystones (this train now takes 4 mins longer to get to Greystones with 2 fewer stops - ridiculous...)

• Advertisement

Is there any way to lobby Irish Rail I did post something on their website but im not very confident of a satisfactory reply. Its very frustrating that by incresing frequency to and from greystones that they have not foccused on the actual times that these extra services run at GRRRRR:mad:

Is there any way to lobby Irish Rail I did post something on their website but im not very confident of a satisfactory reply. Its very frustrating that by incresing frequency to and from greystones that they have not foccused on the actual times that these extra services run at GRRRRR:mad:

http://www.railusers.ie/ maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Stan90

does anyone know the time table for the evening trains.
    does the desel train that hits Bray around 17.23 still going to continue? arrives in Stones around 535....

yup it now leaves connolly at 16:30 but as a prev post said they dont stop in GCD or lansdowne anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Finally! I can be in college nicely on time instead of 40 minutes early or 30 mins late! Hooray for 9 o clock trains!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 DonalOD

I called Katie the managing agent about this a few weeks ago and she said the comittee had sent a new schedule to the bus company but they had not heard anything back about agreeing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭jasonbourme.cs

already been late today as result of this " new and improved " service .

654 diesel train turned up at 710 , resulting in the 700 dart being delayed

even when the diesel was scheduled for 700 it never turned up on time :mad:

there may be speed restrictions where they had to rebuild the line near Arklow. Sounds like they should have sent the 0700 Dart out first, Irish Rail tend not to be very good at adapting to problems on-the-fly though.

I cant wait to stand on the cold platform in Connolly today for a half hour waiting on a greystones dart coz they now only go at 17:00 and 17:30 and 18:00 they have messed up the times leaving connolly

I cant wait to stand on the cold platform in Connolly today for a half hour waiting on a greystones dart coz they now only go at 17:00 and 17:30 and 18:00 they have messed up the times leaving connolly

last week: 1654 1725 1740 1754
    this week: 1655 1725 1730 1755

its not a huge difference, but yeah it is a disimprovement if you finish work at half 5.

• Advertisement

Totally agree. It was shambolic today.

The 07.50 diesel train turned up at 08.00. Then the 16.59 DART from Tara turned up at 17.15 (we had the pleasure of watching 2 diesel trains for Pearse passing through while we waited in the freezing cold).

Has anyone actually been on any train that left on time today ? even 2 or 3 minutes late would have been something.

Incompetence Eireann.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Has anyone actually been on any train that left on time today ? even 2 or 3 minutes late would have been something.

Incompetence Eireann.
    Guys, theres bound to be teething problems, chill.

On the contrary, both the new 9am DART and the 6.pm DART from Pearse left on time according to my watch.

Totally agree. It was shambolic today.

The 07.50 diesel train turned up at 08.00. Then the 16.59 DART from Tara turned up at 17.15 (we had the pleasure of watching 2 diesel trains for Pearse passing through while we waited in the freezing cold).

Incompetence Eireann.

the Greystones Darts were running very late alright - I went to get the 1730 from Pearse (Dart) but it was running at least 15 mins late so ended up on the 1735 (Diesel).

The diesel stopped in Grand Canal Dock but not in Lansdowne - anyone waiting there to go south of Greystones would've been left with a long wait. More sterling work from Irish Rail.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 grey_newbie

Hi,

Anyone know whats going on with the bus timetable, 7.15 bus had already left at 7.10, missed it completely so missed 7.30 train...timetable changed or just driver decided to leave early??

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Deeyasee

Was going to ask the same question.
    Walking towards the 07:15 shuttle bus this morning to its 2nd pick up point and it drove off at 07:10 even though I was jogging towards it waving like a lunatic.
    I didn't expect this bus to change since the 07:30 DART is unchanged.

Seemed to be better today. The 07.50 diesel left around 07.54 and the 17.28 DART from Tara left on time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 MimiQ

loyatemu wrote: »
    the Greystones Darts were running very late alright - I went to get the 1730 from Pearse (Dart) but it was running at least 15 mins late so ended up on the 1735 (Diesel).

The diesel stopped in Grand Canal Dock but not in Lansdowne - anyone waiting there to go south of Greystones would've been left with a long wait. More sterling work from Irish Rail.
    The 17.35 diesel doesn't stop in Landsowne anymore as per new timetable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Johnc72

the new service sucks ass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Anyone know what time the shuttle is leaving at for the 7.00am dart.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement