Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roger Waters may tour the wall in 2010 and 2011.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

furiousox wrote: »
    There's a link here for buying signed hardback copies of Mason's book, the cost is £40 plus postage.
    He also does 'personal' signatures (ie to Patrick, best wishes etc)

Christmas is coming, time to start dropping hints :)

http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/archive/nick-mason-signed-inside-out-books.html

Think it's actually £40 plus the cost of the book plus postage (£17 for Europe)

Still, I'd be tempted if I didn't already have the book.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Inside Out is a good read.

I had to take two runs at it though. I found it very bland at the start and gave up on it. I eventually started it again and really started to like it. Nick mason has got a very dry wit which can be hilarious to read.

It isn't very scandalous. He touches on infidelity on the road but thats really it. He also said that he had to give the manuscripts to Gilmour and Waters to approve and when he got them back they were covered in highlighter of parts they didn't want published. In permanent marker, Roger Waters just wrote "BOLLOCKS" across one whole page. I found that amusing. :D

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 6,971 ✭✭✭furiousox

blastman wrote: »
    Think it's actually £40 plus the cost of the book plus postage (£17 for Europe)

Still, I'd be tempted if I didn't already have the book.

£30 for the book plus £17 for standard delivery or £40 for express delivery

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Just a heads up to anyone interested. On Sat 05 December between 7 and 8pm Planet Rock are airing a Wall 30th anniversary special. Roger Waters, Nick Mason and Gerald Scarfe ( he of the famous illustrations.) will be taking part in the show. Anybody with sky digital planet rock is 0110. I already have it ready to record. Unfortunately it doesn't seem Gilmour is taking part. Still should be interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

rednik wrote: »
    Just a heads up to anyone interested. On Sat 05 December between 7 and 8pm Planet Rock are airing a Wall 30th anniversary special. Roger Waters, Nick Mason and Gerald Scarfe ( he of the famous illustrations.) will be taking part in the show. Anybody with sky digital planet rock is 0110. I already have it ready to record. Unfortunately it doesn't seem Gilmour is taking part. Still should be interesting.

that sounds brilliant!:cool::cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Intriguing!

Mushy wrote: »

Intriguing!
    I'd say Frost was thinking, "Jaysus, I wish I hadn't asked him that time-capsule question, he's been ramblin' on about Roosevelt for feckin' hours it seems!".

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Guessing this would be of interest,
    Austrailian Pink Floyd playing here next April
    Info

Have heard good things about them, anybody here seen 'em?

Beekay wrote: »
    Guessing this would be of interest,
    Austrailian Pink Floyd playing here next April
    Info

Have heard good things about them, anybody here seen 'em?
    They are very good.

They even played at Dave Gilmour's 50th (maybe 60th) birthday.

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

Another update. It is expected a 50 date tour will be announced next month, no idea of where yet but if this does come off as is looking likely this will be the show of the year without a doubt.

• Advertisement

Official announcement of dates and line up on April 12th.

The American dates have been posted...

No sign of the European ones yet.

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

Can't wait for this, if I see "Dublin O2" I will be a very happy bunny.
    If not, I will be making the trip to Liverpool or Manchester to see it.

CPL 593H

Can't wait for this, if I see "Dublin O2" I will be a very happy bunny.
    If not, I will be making the trip to Liverpool or Manchester to see it.
    My guess is that he'll do the Marquee in Cork and the O2 in Dublin.

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

kenon wrote: »
    My guess is that he'll do the Marquee in Cork and the O2 in Dublin.

Would be nice but I'd say the production might be too big for the marquee?
    Last time down there he didn't have the full show.

CPL 593H

The US dates are Sept through to Dec. I would say Europe in 2011 and hopefully at least one show here.

Only US dates on www.rogerwaters.com so far, nothing for europe yet.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Perhaps Europe will see some dates for this, would love to see it happen

The European leg will start in March 2011 with 57 more dates to be announced soon, check out billboard.com or the floyd websites for more info.

Not a big fan of the wall overall. I'd much prefer Dark Side, Animals, Wish you were here with a sprinkling of the wall. I want more Pulse!

I'd love to go to this but itll cost mega bucks I bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

I want more Pulse!

PULSE is Waters-less era Floyd :confused::confused::confused:

RayCon wrote: »
    PULSE is Waters-less era Floyd :confused::confused::confused:

The best kind :p

Unless you have seen Floyd in their different line ups, this is not true. I am a big fan of Gilmour, but Waters was badly missed and even though Guy Pratt put up a good show live the two albums without Roger were mediocre at best. If you have never seen Waters live I highly recommend you do as it will probably the last chance to do so and Dave Gilmour does not seem to be planning anything anytime soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

rednik wrote: »
    Unless you have seen Floyd in their different line ups, this is not true. I am a big fan of Gilmour, but Waters was badly missed and even though Guy Pratt put up a good show live the two albums without Roger were mediocre at best. If you have never seen Waters live I highly recommend you do as it will probably the last chance to do so and Dave Gilmour does not seem to be planning anything anytime soon.

What a ridiculously outreagous statement.. The Divison Bell is as good as any Floyd album with Waters

What a ridiculously outreagous statement.. The Divison Bell is as good as any Floyd album with Waters

Not outrageous at all.
    The Division Bell is a good album but its no DSOTM, Wall or Animals.
    Compare it to Amused To Death by Roger Waters and tell me which one sounds more like a 'Floyd' album.
    Pink Floyd without Waters has been described as 'Floyd Lite' which is kinda apt as Floyd basically became a Gilmour solo project.
    Having said all that, the Live 8 show was the best thing they've (all) done since the Wall imo.
    There was a chemistry there between all 4 that was missing since the split and couldn't be replicated with solo projects....which we'll sadly never see again.

CPL 593H

Now that is an outrageous statement! ;)

CPL 593H

The Divison Bell is as good as any Floyd album with Waters

I beg to differ ... I also note you didn't bother mentioning A Momentary Lapse Of Reason - a truely mediocre album ...

...to me , Gilmour was the clinical musicianship of Floyd but was Waters was the soul. Both are less without each other , but I can quite happily watch either in concert and appreciate the performance for what it is.

I saw Waters live on the In The Flesh Tour in The Point Depot , Dublin 2002 , then on 3 more occasions :

2006 - in the Marquee in Cork
    2007 - The Point Depot , Dublin
    2008 - O2 London

Each time I was blown away , and very much emotionally drawn into the show.

Ive only seen Gilmour live once, on the On An Island Tour in the historic Royal Albert Hall. Beautiful venue , beautiful music. Our seats were surprisingly close to the stage .. a superb night and easily one of my favourite ever concert experiences.

Now that is an outrageous statement! ;)

100% Agree

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Has anyone else seen The Lost Documentary? Very interesting look at the staging of the final Wall gig in Earl's Court in August 1980. Apparently it was lost for 25 years after it was made and only re-surfaced in the last few years. Also it's only about 25 minutes long, but it's worth a look if you can find it.

By the way, The Division Bell, while not a bad album by any means, isn't even a Floyd album, really. Half of it was written by Gilmour's wife, FFS (OK, probably a slight exaggeration, but it's still as much a Floyd album as On An Island is). Division Bell isn't a patch on Dark Side Of The Moon/Wish You Were Here/Animals/The Wall, or even The Final Cut. IMO, of course.

• Advertisement

Be careful with that axe Walter.

While I agree with you that the Division Bell is a very good rock album it is in my opinion a mediocre Pink Floyd album. I could never put it in the same bracket as Meddle, DSOTM, WYWH, Animals, The Wall and The Final Cut. I also don't think it will ever achieve Classic status.

At the end of the day I don't want this to turn into a Roger Waters v Gilmour/Mason scenario, I just want us all to look forward to what will surely be a fantastic show and something to remember for a long time.

RayCon. I was at the RAH on the last night of the On an Island tour and it was a fantastic night. Just thinking back to Gilmour playing the final notes of Comfortably Numb wouldn't it be something if he got on stage with Waters to perform even just this song as he wrote it and nobody else plays it quite like him. Now I am off to watch Remember that Night DVD.

Advertisement