Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roger Waters may tour the wall in 2010 and 2011.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

rednik wrote: »
    RayCon. I was at the RAH on the last night of the On an Island tour and it was a fantastic night. Just thinking back to Gilmour playing the final notes of Comfortably Numb wouldn't it be something if he got on stage with Waters to perform even just this song as he wrote it and nobody else plays it quite like him. Now I am off to watch Remember that Night DVD.

Yeah , totally agree - would love to see that ... although if he was to take up his position on top of the Wall during the solo , they are going to have to use re-enforced concrete in that section :P:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

This is copied from another forum...
    Here's an email I got from my dad just now

"I can get premium package tickets 9th row $510.00 each.

Roger Waters - The Wall - Premium Package includes:
    - One premium, reserved ticket located within the first 15 rows of the stage or side stage
    - Specially Designed Concert Shirt
    - Limited Edition Tour Poster (numbered, exclusive to ticket package)
    - Official Tour Program
    - Commemorative Laminate
    - Collectible Pin Set
    - Exclusive Roger Waters - The Wall - Tour Gift "

:eek:

May or may not be genuine, but you can be guaranteed it won't be cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

More info...
    The band includes Snowy White and Dave Kilminster, and an all-male backing vocal. Promised is state of the art staging, with the focus being a 240 foot wide by 35 foot high wall, which is constructed (and demolished) during the concert, and new, crystal clear projections and redesigned inflatables and puppets
    Also, Canadian ticket info out today. $55, $75, $99 and $200. No doubt it will be more expensive here than a simple currency conversion to euros.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Outdoor gig then in June for here?

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

Videos!

Can't wait for the European Dates.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Just checked prices for his US shows.

Standard Admission for Madison Sq Gdn ranges from $79.50 - $254.50

Premium Package is $554.50

VIP Package is $754.40

:eek:eek:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

The prices seem a bit crazy ok but more dates are being added and sales are being reported as going well. Just have to wait until european dates show up and what we will be paying.

Dublin O2 , May 23rd 2011 :cool::cool: .... let the mad scramble for tickets begin !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

you can sign up on his site to be in with a shout for an early ticket, it's free to do so

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

RayCon wrote: »
    Dublin O2 , May 23rd 2011 :cool::cool: .... let the mad scramble for tickets begin !!!

where did you find this out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,971 ✭✭✭furiousox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

you can sign up on his site to be in with a shout for an early ticket, it's free to do so

Have you got a link to sign up...can't seem to find it:o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Beekay wrote: »
    Have you got a link to sign up...can't seem to find it:o

Think it's this one:http://tickets.rogerwaters.com/Default.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Shockingly good value ... :eek:

GA 69.70 Euro,
    Seated 59.80, 76.25, 86.25 Euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Mother do you think they'll try to break my balls. I and my friends will travel to the last show in London and hopefully there will be some surprise appearances (Nick Mason at the very least) and then back home for the Dublin show. I'm already comfortably numb.

Anybody get a link to the presale tickets today?
    The standing tickets are €77! €17 more than general sale

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Beekay wrote: »
    Anybody get a link to the presale tickets today?
    The standing tickets are €77! €17 more than general sale

Where did you get that from Beekay ????

Aiken's site clearly shows that the GA standing tickets are €69.70 so I'm sure that's €77 inc fees ?
    There are seated tickets for €59.80 which I'm sure are right up the back.....would find it hard to believe that any presale tickets would be more expensive that general sale - unless there's going to be a barrier/seperation in the crowd and the presale portion is for a front section.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

This is what I got in the pre-sale thing...
    Our Price: €96.75 EUR
    Includes the following charges:
    Base Price: €86.25 EUR
    RogerWaters.com Service Charge: €7.00 EUR
    Transaction Fee: €3.50 EUR
    Blocks A-B, G-F. Rows: 21-32

Standing...
    Our Price: €77.95 EUR
    Base Price: €69.70 EUR
    RogerWaters.com Service Charge: €5.50 EUR
    Transaction Fee: €2.75 EUR

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

kenon wrote: »
    This is what I got in the pre-sale thing...

Standing...

so Roger Waters is just replacing Tickmaster fees with his own for the pre-sale.........either way it's no better off for the punter.......ridiculous fees......really want to go to this but I'm not sure I want to pay an artist extra money on top of the ticket price to actually get the ticket - their fee is already included in the price - just like I don't want to pay Ticketmaster the extra......

• Advertisement

NIBBS wrote: »
    Where did you get that from Beekay ????

Aiken's site clearly shows that the GA standing tickets are €69.70 so I'm sure that's €77 inc fees ?
    There are seated tickets for €59.80 which I'm sure are right up the back.....would find it hard to believe that any presale tickets would be more expensive that general sale - unless there's going to be a barrier/seperation in the crowd and the presale portion is for a front section.....

sorry,meant to say €7 more not €17:o

there is still an O2 presale, so think i might just wait til then...need to save every cent

Yeah I got the email too .... Ticketbestard are usually €6.75 per ticket , which would be €69.70+ 6.75 = €76.75 ...

rogerwaters.com are charging :

Our Price: €77.95 EUR
    Base Price: €69.70 EUR
    RogerWaters.com Service Charge: €5.50 EUR
    Transaction Fee: €2.75 EUR

so €1.20 more from the artist himself AND tickets are only available for box-office collection , so they're not even incurring the cost of postage ...

.. bad form ... might take my chances with the O2 pre-sale instead ... it's not really the €1.20 extra but more the fact Ive to collect the tickets on the night ... I dont like the restriction of having to be there on time etc etc ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Anyone have any idea what time the presale is supposed to be starting. The email says 11am IST, the website says 12 IST. If that IST timezome is correct then surely they should have gone on sale already :confused: anyone enlighten me ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Dozey Dora

c - 13 wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea what time the presale is supposed to be starting. The email says 11am IST, the website says 12 IST. If that IST timezome is correct then surely they should have gone on sale already :confused: anyone enlighten me ?

Havnt a clue, logged on to ask the exact same question...very confusing, guess we'll have to wait for the 02 pre sale now instead...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Theyre on now, that must have been 12 GMT not IST

EDIT: Just got my tix, very happy now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Dozey Dora

Lol, ya bet me to it, was just coming on again to say the other half got 2 tickets about half an hour or so ago...HAPPY DAYS!! :)

Tickets got via O2 presale ... Standing worked out at €76.05 per ticket ... almost €2 cheaper per ticket than buying directly from rogerwaters.com ... bad form by his official website.

I went for the seats myself. If this is like the original concerts building a wall between the band and the audience, I reckon you would want to be well back from the stage to get the effect and also to see the band as they appear in the wall itself. I know they are talking about a new set up which maybe behind the band but this goes against his concept for the wall. Just have to wait for the US leg to start and get some sort of idea what we are in for.

Second night added in the O2 on the 24th May. Tkts on sale Thurs 17th June.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

id loved to have been at the dark side of the moon tour

Advertisement