Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roger Waters may tour the wall in 2010 and 2011.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

I saw them at wembley for the animals tour. They played the whole of animals (which i never liked much), wish you were here, and then half of dark side as an encore.

Saw them again at Oakland Collesium in the 90's

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

InTheTrees wrote: »
    I saw them at wembley for the animals tour. They played the whole of animals (which i never liked much), wish you were here, and then half of dark side as an encore.

Saw them again at Oakland Collesium in the 90's

I love Animals and on the last 2 tours I saw Roger on he performed Dogs on the in the flesh tour and Sheep on the DSOTM tour and they were played to perfection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Cant wait to see this, from the sounds of it the show will be a spectacle. Saw Aussie Pink Floyd do The Wall and it was amazing, sounded indentical to the actual recording.

No word on how sales are going? I was half thinking he'd add in another date, but it doesnt look like tickets are selling too fast. I guess that's what you get when you put them on sale a year in advance :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

robby^5 wrote: »
    Cant wait to see this, from the sounds of it the show will be a spectacle. Saw Aussie Pink Floyd do The Wall and it was amazing, sounded indentical to the actual recording.

No word on how sales are going? I was half thinking he'd add in another date, but it doesnt look like tickets are selling too fast. I guess that's what you get when you put them on sale a year in advance :rolleyes:

They must be selling well, he added another date the other day
    on the 24th May

robby^5 wrote: »

Post 90 previous page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

I posted this in a separate thread but its highly relevant to this thread...
    "Some weeks passed with David cajoling me from time to time, telling me how easy it would be, but I clung resolutely to my fear of failure until one day he made one final entreaty. I quote "If you do 'To Know Him Is To Love Him' for The Hoping Foundation Gig, I'll come and do 'C. Numb' on one of your Wall shows". Well! You could have knocked me down with a feather. How f**king cool!

Link
    He then adds, "PS. Just heard from David, he will decide in due course which gig he wants to do, it will be a surprise!"

I can't help but think that this will be a London gig.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

To be fair Gilmour does live in London. What I would like to see is him doing one of the gigs on the US leg and getting a taste for more. There are almost 100 dates so the chances are he might do more than the one. Great to see the photos of the get together. Neither are getting any younger and with Rick's passing maybe they are mellowing.

Well after all the talking the tour starts in Ontario tonight. I can't wait for this and hopefully this will be a great tour. Roger is on the cover of the next issue of the Rolling Stone which won't be here for a couple of weeks but should be a good read.

BD077B1A7A8249179B2759AE954EB461-0000336305-0001919869-00500L-3C74D7C2E01B432F8464C43D38DEA34A.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

:D:D:D:D:D

C.A.N.N.O.T W.A.I.T for may 23rd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

rednik wrote: »

Great show by the looks of it, no surprise really.

Disappointed to read there wasn't even a single song as an encore though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,971 ✭✭✭furiousox

It's 'The Wall' live.
    That's all you're gonna get, same as 1980/81.

CPL 593H

furiousox wrote: »
    It's 'The Wall' live.
    That's all you're gonna get, same as 1980/81.

Yeah, i know what the show is, and I still remember what I got in 1980.

Doesn't mean i can't think that, in what RW says himself will probably be his last tour, he could come back out for ten mins to soak up some more applause, say thanks to the fans & give us one last song to send us home.

Don't get me wrong, I'll still love every second of what we get, it would've just been nice, and hardly unique, to get an encore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

I must admit no encores is a bit of a disappointment to me too. When he toured dark side of the moon back in the point depot he opened with a whopper set (can't remember exactly, but it certainly felt like it was over an hour), then went off and came back on to play DSOTM end to end. I understand that the wall is a lot longer than DSOTH, but still, would be nice to hear a few classics that aren't on the album, there are quite a few there! Either way, I can't afford to go at the moment, so I shall shake my fist at you all come next May! :mad:

Enjoy it! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Harrocks

Cant wait for next April looking forward to seen a Legend in action as close as ill ever get to seen pink floyd live.Only thing that would top this is a Gilmour show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,971 ✭✭✭furiousox

I've ''obtained'' cd copies of the Toronto & Chicago shows...just sounds amazing.
    Never heard an audience so blown away by a performance.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

GF got me ticket for my birthday...boo ya, totaly awesome, cant wait for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

I was incredibly fortunate enough to be able to see Roger Waters last night in Chicago. I went into the show a little cynical at what I was going to see.......and all of those thoughts were quickly and forever banished.

Let me just say that I have seen just about every great rock band that has toured over the last 25-30 years. I have seen some of the greatest bands in the world (live) in their prime. This show ranks up there with anything that I have ever seen.

This show is a MASTERPIECE. Roger has taken his vision and brought it into a 21st Century context. If you have to opportunity, the means, or the ability to get to this show ......then you must. I cannot not recommend it any more than that.

Nice one, rented.

Have my tix for Dublin next may, which was graet, apart from the wait.

Then Mrs Big B told me she's got me a ticket for the 3rd night at madison square gardens next week :D (we were going to NYC anyway)

happy boy here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭edhead

Listening to the Chicago show, brilliant indeed! Crystal recording, looking foward to Dublin.
    furiousox wrote: »
    I've ''obtained'' cd copies of the Toronto & Chicago shows...just sounds amazing.
    Never heard an audience so blown away by a performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

edhead wrote: »
    Listening to the Chicago show, brilliant indeed! Crystal recording, looking foward to Dublin.

How might one find a copy of these shows ?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭edhead

How might one find a copy of these shows ?

I picked it up on Traders Den.....

I can post you a copy if you need? Used to trade lost of bootlegs all over the world, so nothing new to me. Pm if ya need help

• Registered Users Posts: 13,005 ✭✭✭✭bnt

You can buy the album, go to the gig ... and now you can buy the bass. Fender are releasing a Roger Waters Signature bass. Not my kind of thing, but if you're a fan ..?

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

European leg starts tonight in Lisbon. Hard to believe I started this thread nearly a year and a half ago and now it's only a few weeks to the concert in the 02. Dave Gilmour has yet to make that appearance but I think this could be London as they are filming all six nights, but he owes us one as he did not play here on the On an Island tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Yeah I can't wait for the gig. I'd love Gilmour to play one of the Dublin nights but it's most likely going to be a London gig.

I'm actively trying to avoid any clips of the show so that the whole thing is a surprise on the night.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Harrocks

kenon wrote: »
    Yeah I can't wait for the gig. I'd love Gilmour to play one of the Dublin nights but it's most likely going to be a London gig.

I'm actively trying to avoid any clips of the show so that the whole thing is a surprise on the night.

Have been doin the exact same avoiding all comments clips etc not long now and if Gilmour turns up ill have a fainting lady on my hands lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Can't wait to hear my favourite Pink Floyd album being played.

''You wanna take a bath?'' :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Willysnail

I was incredibly fortunate enough to be able to see Roger Waters last night in Chicago. I went into the show a little cynical at what I was going to see.......and all of those thoughts were quickly and forever banished.

Let me just say that I have seen just about every great rock band that has toured over the last 25-30 years. I have seen some of the greatest bands in the world (live) in their prime. This show ranks up there with anything that I have ever seen.

This show is a MASTERPIECE. Roger has taken his vision and brought it into a 21st Century context. If you have to opportunity, the means, or the ability to get to this show ......then you must. I cannot not recommend it any more than that.[/Q

I couldnt agree more, saw the gig in Vancouver in December and I was blown away also, the visuals are amazing, I would love to be in dublin for the gig, saw him there on his last irish gig and also the Marquee in Cork, his shows are getting better and better, The wall tops it though, enjoy the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

Hi

I have a link to the concert in Chicago last year. I won't put it up here out of respect for those resisting temptation to see anything until next month. But to concur with Willysnail, It's FANTASTIC!

If You like, PM me and I'll give You the link.Its really superb.

4 weeks tomorrw is IT for me!!!

• Advertisement

The new Classic Rock mag with Roger on the cover and interview.

35160FB597884DD5B77C1AF6E16F752E-0000336305-0002291554-00500L-25A27DF0F72942BD860023AE962D81FB.jpg

Advertisement