Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roger Waters may tour the wall in 2010 and 2011.

12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Nightwish wrote: »
    Was there myself last night and it was the most spectacular show I have ever seen. Roger Waters is a genius. It left me speechless. The visual show was absolutely mesmerising. Worth every cent in ticket price. I would love to see it again.
    Fully agree.

It was better than I imagined it could be.

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Lovin' the pictures that were posted up.

Such an incredible show, right from the start, In the flesh caught me out as I was talkin' away like a gob****e and then Snowy White's guitar burst in with the combination of some fireworks and the oxygen was knocked out of my lungs!

I loved every moment of the show, from when I thought the flying pig was going to kick me in the head to the "durty woman" puppet with thrush... Actually, to be honest, I felt a bit awkward when I saw Roger walking along, testing bricks during the second Comfortably Numb solo, and I was thinking, "awww crap, he needs to get off stage for some reason but he can't find the strategically placed brick...ahh come on...somebody show him" ...and then BANG!

ROGER%2BWATERS%252C%2BDAVID%2BGILMOUR%2BCOMFORTABLY%2BNUMB%2B%2540%2BO2%2BLONDON%2B12%2BMAY%2B2011.jpg

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭furiousox

If you're into the whole concept and history of The Wall, can I recommend this book which gives a background to the original shows back in 80/81.
    I read it a couple of years ago but after seeing the two gigs in Dublin I'm going to dig it out for another read.

http://www.pfapublishing.com/

There's also this official up to date book by Gerald Scarfe but I kinda prefer the first one as its written by fans for fans.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Making-Pink-Floyd-Wall/dp/0297863355/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1306448070&sr=8-1

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭RayCon

furiousox wrote: »
    If you're into the whole concept and history of The Wall, can I recommend this book which gives a background to the original shows back in 80/81.
    I read it a couple of years ago but after seeing the two gigs in Dublin I'm going to dig it out for another read.

http://www.pfapublishing.com/

I have that book ... total recommend it ... for The Wall fanatic everywhere :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭pedigree

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

Quite simply, the BEST Gig I have ever been at.

I were sat in Block F last Tuesday night, so was sitting at a bit of an angle to the stage. To those who posted from sitting in front of the stage, thanks for the pics. Also, the audience must take a bow. I remember looking down at the standing area, and seeing all the mobiles in action, looked like a snow storm:)

I also have some pics, but ( dummy me) don't know how to upload here. If anyone wants to see them, please pm me ( they are up on my FB).

After this Gig, nothing else can compare. Roger, You are a GENIUS!

Yes, I am still COMFORTABLY NUMB:D

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Harrocks

Was worth the long wait was a spectacular show what an opening.Fantastic visuals and a flying pig lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

There's an article in today's Sunday Times about how "older acts" are still playing Ireland, and dominating much of the 2011 concert calendar.
    In it, promoter Pat Egan remarks, "I was at Roger Waters' The Wall recently, and there were 16,000 people there, many of whom were not aware of who Pink Floyd were".
    I know there have been some clangers reported on this thread about random people at the O2 not really having a clue about The Wall, but to say that "many" of the audience knew nothing about Pink Floyd is just nonsense. People who aren't familiar with the act or the material won't fork out €90 on the promise of spectacle alone. By that rationale, Kiss' O2 concert last May would have sold out. I'm surprised at Pat Egan, and can only hope that he's been slightly mis-quoted.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2), Oasis

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 337 ✭✭Sacred_git

pedigree wrote: »

so whos the dick with the union jack on? Also was the performance good? it appears to me people were more dazzled with the stage than anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭furiousox

Sacred_git wrote: »
    so whos the dick with the union jack on? Also was the performance good? it appears to me people were more dazzled with the stage than anything?

ImpliedFacepalm.png

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 DarraghMcK

Does anyone think theres the remotest possibility he might tour this again some day? Gutted I missed it. Actually, gutted doesnt come close to describing my feelings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Australia in 2012 for several dates and rumours of some in South America. He has performed in excess of 100 shows so I doubt he will be in any hurry to come back again. He is 68 yrs old and for him to undertake this tour must have been huge. You have two choices, wait for the Blu Ray or get your arse over to Manchester tomorrow night. (Birmingham tonight)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

Sacred_git wrote: »

So, who is the effing dick who asks such STUPID questions? I am sorry, but it would appear from your 'retort' you weren't at the Concert, so assuming thats a correct assumption, you would be better shutting the f**K UP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

DarraghMcK wrote: »
    Does anyone think theres the remotest possibility he might tour this again some day? Gutted I missed it. Actually, gutted doesnt come close to describing my feelings

There's still time to get over to the US east coast and see him.

Well a couple of weeks I think. And there's tickets available.

http://tour.rogerwaters.com/

http://www.stubhub.com/search/doSearch?searchStr=roger+waters&pageNumber=1&resultsPerPage=50&searchMode=event&start=0&rows=50&geo_exp=1

• Subscribers Posts: 41,787 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

http://www.rogerwaterstours.com/index.php/roger-waters-tour-extending-to-2013/#.UBADjKCnfKg

Roger may consider bring The Wall back to Europe in 2013 as its probably his last big tour.
    Secondly, Roger also revealed that there is a possibility of going back to Europe in 2013 to tour some more round there. Roger said, “The Wall is an extraordinarily satisfying piece to perform, so it may well be that I go back to Europe in 2013. I have no idea whether it’s the last big tour. I just don’t know. ”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,459 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Would def have to hit up a show if he does...stunning show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭RayCon

Yip ..... Id certainly go again. Fantastic production.

Advertisement