Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SJCP down, what next?

Options
  • 04-11-2009 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭

Hi,

Currently studying for the SCJP, taking the exam soon hopefully. I'm just wondering as to what suggestions people have for what to do next? I'm currently unemployed and looking to do whatever course is most likely to get me a job.
    One of the Microsoft SQL certs?
    Maybe an Adobe Certification?
    Are there any highyl recognised web design courses?
    Anything else?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

A part time degree?
    No better time to get fees funded for you:)

I take it you are a programmer?

Prince2 maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭petergfiffin

Is there a particular sector you're looking to get into i.e. Telecoms, Banking, Web design etc?

What is your background? Do you have a degree or experience in another area? The reason I ask is very often the developers who do best are those who understand the business they're working in, not just the technology.

If you have done any HTML development before then personally I wouldn't bother paying for any web-design courses there are plenty of excellent design tutorials and sites (www.smashingmagazine.com for example).

Advertisement