Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appeal An Bord Pleanala decision?

• 04-11-2009 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

I objected to a Dunboyne development next door to me, yesterday An Bord Pleanala granted permission to the developer to demolish the existing house on a one acre garden and approved a total of 8 houses. I am not happy that any of my points were taken into consideration. Can I appeal this decision? Some of the points I raised were:

- Out of date maps submitted with the planning application - not showing my house extension completed in 1997, which is adjacent to the development.

- Conflict of facts on the planning application "retain mature boundary trees" while also showing construction details of a wall to be built on the same boundary - right through the trees!

- Presently where I have the above trees as a boundary but with the development I will have the rear gardens of six two story housed 11 meters from the boundary and 2 meters from my house gable wall, a total of 13 meters. I have one upstairs window and 3 downstairs windows in this wall.

- My windows and garden will be overlooked.

I have been told "Paragraph 10.1.4.2(ii) of the current development plan" that there is suppose to be minimun of 22m between directly opposing windows, dose anybody know if this true?
    Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,270 ✭✭✭✭muffler

To simplify it you cant appeal a ABP decision. The only recourse open to you now is the courts where you would have to prove a breach in the statutes.

Advertisement