If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVP5980 and 40 / 42" tv price request

Options
  • 04-11-2009 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Can you let me know if the Phillips DVP5980 will play Divx files direct from USB(sorry, specific gift request for someone) - price and delivery to Kerry please.

Also thinking of purchasing a Full HD tv with 1080 in or around 40 / 42" size. Budget tied around 700euro though - any demo / display models that need clearing? ;) Will be used ONLY for tv / Sky / DVD's, so your recommendation is much appreciated!

Many thanks.
    PS - Have gotten many many compliments on the Ambience light, are you stocking anymore at the moment?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi PlekTrum

The DVP5980 is a long discontinued item I'm afraid.

We do how ever have the new DVP3360 in stock wich as you see below is very well featured.

Plays practically everything on disc or via USB and is DivX Ultra certified.
    www.p4c.philips.com/files/d/dvp3360_05/dvp3360_05_pss_eng.pdf

Great little player which can also be made region Free.

We sell this for €69.99 in the shop but if you use our 10% Philips Shop Boards Discount you can have it for €69.99

As for the TV you may want to consider the Philips 42PFL5604H.
    Its a 1080p Full HD LCD TV which will be ideal for a DVD Player & Sky veiwing plus will step up in image quality when you feed it HD content.
    It has 3 HDMI, 2 Scart, USB, Component and VGA inputs on it so you wont grow out of it anytime soon!

This is the link to the spec sheet for it.
    www.p4c.philips.com/files/4/42pfl5604h_12/42pfl5604h_12_pss_eng.pdf

This is available in store for €749.99 but once again use your 10% Philips Shop Boards Discount and scoop t up for €674.99.

Comes nicely under budget there:D

Yep I do have the LivingColouirs in stock if you'd like more!

Give me a buzz on 01 474 0788 to chat about the above if I can help

Cheers
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.