Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damien Dempsey solo charity gig for Preda, Galway 3rd Dec

Options
  • 04-11-2009 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Damien Dempsey is playing a solo gig in the Radisson, Galway on 3rd December 09. All of his fee is going to help the charity Preda, which helps release kids from imprisonment, helps fight child prostitution, and fights for childrens rights in the Phillipines. It's the charity headed by Fr Shay Cullen, the Irish priest who started and runs Preda.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

i might try make it down to this!! just after pay day :D/..

Thanks a mil for the heads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 manwith3butocks

No probs, he's a brilliant performer, but I haven't seen him play solo before, so it should be a great gig. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

you cant fully appreciate his music until you seen him live.. its brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Owldshtok

Damien Dempsey is playing a solo gig in the Radisson, Galway on 3rd December 09. All of his fee is going to help the charity Preda, which helps release kids from imprisonment, helps fight child prostitution, and fights for childrens rights in the Phillipines. It's the charity headed by Fr Shay Cullen, the Irish priest who started and runs Preda.

Hope they get the sound right for him in there,it can be good sometimes and awful the next!

Your username is gas!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Got tickets for myself and gf, but I'm not sure if we can make it now. :mad: Either way, it's a great cause and I'm sure it will be a great night. Fair play to Damien (as always!) and everybody involved in organising the night.

Great time of year to see Damien. Buy a ticket, you won't be disappointed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 manwith3butocks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPEOmHxaY1o

He's a gentleman and a great ambassador for Ireland.

Advertisement