Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pdf creation

Options
  • 04-11-2009 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Hi I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction I want to have a covert this page to pdf (like what joomla has on its sites) on my site.

(I think it involves something regarding a pdf printer so a pdf driver is prob required but if someone could give me some steps that would be great.)

It is a data driven page so I can control whats on the page of pdf creation

I have searched the web and there are loads of standalone apps but I want something on a hosted site
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭dazberry

Depending on what language you use there are toolkits available that can generate PDFs without needing to render the PDF via a printer driver. For instance we do it here (albeit in a desktop application) using one of the gnostice toolkits.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭swordsinfo

Thanks for the prompt reply - the thing is I want the user to be able to create it on a click for example there ill be a list of stories with 2 buttons one to create a print friendly page and the other to pdf the story. These stories are data driven so they wont be created via an application - any ideas??? there are heaps of stand alone products but nothing for what I need it for!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

You should examine the Joomla code - there is probably a php class that does it.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭swordsinfo

site is in asp is there any libary files available for this ?? Am i right in saying then that I do not need a pdf driver for this then:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

swordsinfo wrote: »
    site is in asp is there any libary files available for this ?? Am i right in saying then that I do not need a pdf driver for this then:)
    I don't know the answer to these questions. Time to google.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Zend has PDF classes, and there are multiple other ways to do it through PHP.

Here is a tutorial for using fpdf with php.

http://www.developertutorials.com/tutorials/php/easy-pdf-generation-in-php-8-02-27/page1.html

Advertisement