Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

42" TV

• 04-11-2009 6:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭

HI All,

Am in the market for a 42" tv, i will be using it for ntl digital (sky sports), ps3, wii and dvds.

Was looking at the panasonic G10 series but am open to suggestions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

The G10 series have gotten excellent reviews since release and would be a solid choice of TV. Another one I have heard very good things about is the Philips 42PES001. It costs a fair bit more but it's supposed to be the best thing going in the 42" range. It also comes with an external media box which is quite neat and tidy. I would recommend sticking with good brands like Philips, Sony and Panasonic. I have used other, cheaper ones like Sharp and LG and can tell you that they just aren't as good in terms of picture quality and power consumption no matter what the resolution and contrast ratio are like. Also, try not to get pulled in by gimmicks like incredibly high Hz rates. It can be nice, but think of it as a bonus feature rather than a seller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

the philips looks good but is it really worth double the price of the panny going by RS website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

the philips looks good but is it really worth double the price of the panny going by RS website

It's up to yourself really. If you have the money then go for it I say. It's understandable though if you want to save your money these days so unless you're stinkin' rich, stick with something like the G10.

its the G10 so unless any has any other suggestions

• Company Representative Posts: 9,469 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

C14N wrote: »
    The G10 series have gotten excellent reviews since release and would be a solid choice of TV. Another one I have heard very good things about is the Philips 42PES001. It costs a fair bit more but it's supposed to be the best thing going in the 42" range. It also comes with an external media box which is quite neat and tidy. I would recommend sticking with good brands like Philips, Sony and Panasonic. I have used other, cheaper ones like Sharp and LG and can tell you that they just aren't as good in terms of picture quality and power consumption no matter what the resolution and contrast ratio are like. Also, try not to get pulled in by gimmicks like incredibly high Hz rates. It can be nice, but think of it as a bonus feature rather than a seller.

Just for your info guys - The 42PES001 is actually now a finished line - it has been replaced by the 42PFL9664h which is a really seriously excellent model and has just won the What Hi-Fi Sound & Vision Magazine award for TV of the year.

ATB,

John Mc - The Philips Shop & Richer Sounds Ireland

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

thanks john, the philips looks really impressive going by the reviews but i probably go for the panny purely on cost

Advertisement