Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is fishing allowed in the pheonix park lakes

Options
  • 04-11-2009 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭

Just wondering wether fishing was allowed in the lakes in pheonix park??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Strictly speaking I don't think it is , but I've fished them in the past a bit, there are fish there but a lot of effort for little reward in my opinion

actually now that I think of it the dog pond used to have some nice carp in it, but i'd say they've been eaten now

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Not much to be had, If only you could spend a day on the lakes in the zoo, some huge carp in there, seen a few during the summer taking bread from the surface and they were monsters.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Not much to be had, If only you could spend a day on the lakes in the zoo, some huge carp in there, seen a few during the summer taking bread from the surface and they were monsters.

Aren't they just! There's monsters in there for many years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

didnt know there were carp in the zoo pond, wheres me rods? do monkeys take bread from the surface too? what strength line do you need for a hippo?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

15lb will do if you play him carefully

• Advertisement
Advertisement