Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In-ear Headphones ?

• 04-11-2009 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Is their any shops around waterford that have a good selection of in-ears ?.
    Don't really want to buy online because i need them pretty soon.

Any ideas would be great

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Argos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

PC World have a few but are quite expensive. Argos would probably be the cheapest but don't stock the high-end brands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Ronyponyboi

Thanks for both your answers. I'm looking for high end pair. I think i'll have to byte the bullet and buy them from amazon.

But anymore ideas would be great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Soundstore, Hardly Normals, Sherwoods? All probably at a premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Clano

Got a decent enuf pair out of heatons a while back. Phillips pair gel ones or something only a tenner! how bad!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sheridans just beyond AWare!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Clano

Sully wrote: »
    Sheridans just beyond AWare!
    Sherwoods??? :rolleyes::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

I bought a really good pair in Soundstore over a year ago. Cost me about €40. Top quality though. Can't remember the make...think it was some Swedish name...but definitely begins with 'S'.

Sennheiser perhaps?

I'm also in the market for a good pair and will probably plunge for the Shure SE210's. I think they've been around for a while but I think they're a steal at $149!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Clano wrote: »
    Sherwoods??? :rolleyes::D

Oops. Correct. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

having been down this road myself many a time I can say that it's unlikely you'll find anything beyond mid price Sennheiser phones in Waterford.

I'd normally do a day trip to Dublin for phones at this stage. Tower Records have a nice selection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

sherwoods or soundstore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

AdMMM wrote: »
    Sennheiser perhaps?

I'm also in the market for a good pair and will probably plunge for the Shure SE210's. I think they've been around for a while but I think they're a steal at $149!

Sennheiser...yes! Just went to their website and the logo matches my headphones. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Ronyponyboi

Thanks for all your replies lads. I'm looking for klipsch or shure but i'll hardily get them until i go to Dublin. i'll prob get the sennheiser cx200 in argos for now because i need them for tomorrow.

Thanks for all the help !:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

Thanks for all your replies lads. I'm looking for klipsch or shure but i'll hardily get them until i go to Dublin. i'll prob get the sennheiser cx200 in argos for now because i need them for tomorrow.

Thanks for all the help !:D

bought those headphones a few weeks ago......they're great :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭Ironbar

JVC HA-FX34 in PC World for 24 Euro.

Have them myself. Very nice sound.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Having been using headphones on a daily basis for as long as I can remember, i'v used all the best brand headphones, and for me personally, skullcandy do the beat in ear headphones on the market!

Their smokin' buds and their ink'd in ears are the best, I'm currently using a set of ink'd at the moment, and I love them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭chrism2007

seen a nice pair of bose headphones for 100 quid in sherwoods the other day.

saying that ive gone through a few pairs of high end in ear headphones and think that sony are the best sounding. buy a pair of sonys for about 70 in argos and you wont be dissappointed

edit - dont get the seinheisser. had them myself and sony are far better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 themainburger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 jackdrel

bought some in pound shop and they were amazingly good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

you got a pair of these? if so, how do they compare to say a similar priced set of Sennheisers or other prosumer brand/model?
    Just curious, I like to take raw mixes of my own stuff out on headphones while walking so am always looking for 'phone improvements (having jumped on that technology merry-go-round many years ago), muchos thankos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Soundstore usually have these.Been using them years.By far my favourite in-ear headphones :cool:
    http://www.sony.co.uk/product/haw-inear-classic/mdr-ed21lp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Get yourself a pair of Bose headphones, fuggin mental, especially the bass.

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Get yourself a pair of Bose headphones, fuggin mental, especially the bass.
    There's no denying that Bose are a great brand but I think the vast majority of their products are over-priced and there's much better deals to be had!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

eeloe wrote: »
    Having been using headphones on a daily basis for as long as I can remember, i'v used all the best brand headphones, and for me personally, skullcandy do the beat in ear headphones on the market!

Their smokin' buds and their ink'd in ears are the best, I'm currently using a set of ink'd at the moment, and I love them!

iBood special today is Skullcandy headphones.
    € 24,95 + (€12.50 P&P)

Skullcandy Design Headphones GI Camo with travel bag
    http://www.ibood.com/ie/en/product_list_comments/13939/Skullcandy_Design_Headphones_GI_Camo_with_travel_bag_/

I myself invested in Sennheiser CX380 last Feb while at Stanstead airport before going skiing and I must say they are very good in ear headphones.

Advertisement