Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

shrink jeans?

• 04-11-2009 8:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38

hey everyone,
    really quick question lost quite a bit of weight this year and dropped 2 dress sizes. I have these cool jeans that are my favourite pair ever I don't want to throw them out. My question is does anyone know if its even possible to shrink jeans in any way need them to shrink from a 12 to an 8 :D....

any ideas welcome!
    Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

From what I'm aware of the answer is no.

You may get them so shrink about an inch and you'll probably shorten the legs by god knows how many inch! Had loads over the years and never shrunk, so had to chuck them out or give them to friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Rayne

Its not really possible to shrink them two sizes! I don't think even getting them taken in (which would probably cost a fortune anyway) would work either as you'll lose the shape.

Its one of the annoying things about losing/gaining weight... You've to leave the nice stuff behind!

Best bet, try ebay or the the shop you purchased them from to see if they've more pairs!

OR

Eat and eat and eat s'more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38 xXbusybeeXx

thanks everyone lol i wasn't holding out much hope!!
    was worth a try!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

Try drying them on a really hot tumble dry for ages. Depending on the amount of cotton to elastane you should get considerable shrinkage. You'll probably only get one wear out of them before they loosen up again though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 southie

yeah i do i recently moved house and we have one of those washer dryer thingies in the house, never used one before, only have one drying proigram on them, anyways i washed/dried my favourite pair of jeans in the a couple of days ago tried to put them on today and they wont even come close to closing, im heartbroken will be going around in way too tight jeans and crop tops if i dont get another dryer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement