Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the Crowe brothers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Mr.Mago

The Crowes were elected fair and square and thats as simple as that. Fahey and his people didnt want Mike and Ollie to be elected but they were. They worked on their with their own people without any help from the Fianna Fail party it just showed when the results of the local elections came out. The Crowes are great representation of Galway City Centre and the Eastside (Renmore,Ballybane,Terryland,Doughiska etc) of the City as well. The people who voted for Mike and Ollie are no clowns and the local elections will showed this. Hopefully Mike or Ollie will soon be in Dail Eireann..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Mr.Mago wrote: »
    The Crowes were elected fair and square and thats as simple as that. Fahey and his people didnt want Mike and Ollie to be elected but they were. They worked on their with their own people without any help from the Fianna Fail party it just showed when the results of the local elections came out. The Crowes are great representation of Galway City Centre and the Eastside (Renmore,Ballybane,Terryland,Doughiska etc) of the City as well. The people who voted for Mike and Ollie are no clowns and the local elections will showed this. Hopefully Mike or Ollie will soon be in Dail Eireann..

John + Edward = Jedward

therefore

Mike + Ollie = Mollie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

The people who voted for Mike and Ollie are no clowns ..
    Anyone who votes Fianna Fail is a clown if you ask me

If the party were no help and the old school didn't want them elected, why did they run for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

mike kelly wrote: »
    Don't be surprised if Ollie makes it as a TD before Mike. Ollie is much more approachable and is very well liked by many.

This is what is wrong with a huge part of Irish politics in that its the 'hes a nice fella' or 'he's one of the lads' sure lets vote him in (copyright a certain B Ahern)

I couldnt give a monkeys about whether the person is nice or not, what I want is for them to stand for something other than their own self interests, to be honorable in their position that we vote them in and take a long term view on Ireland not what can I do just to get my self voted back in.

There is far too much voting people in because they are from a certain family (because their grandfather was a good politician or some such nonsense), its political croneyism at its worst and until the Irish public decide to vote on issues and policies and not on personalities then there will always be corrupt self serving people in charge of this country (phew rant over)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

The Crowes were elected fair and square and thats as simple as that.

Are you Ollie or Mike?

• Advertisement

Webbs wrote: »
    This is what is wrong with a huge part of Irish politics in that its the 'hes a nice fella' or 'he's one of the lads' sure lets vote him in (copyright a certain B Ahern)

I couldnt give a monkeys about whether the person is nice or not, what I want is for them to stand for something other than their own self interests, to be honorable in their position that we vote them in and take a long term view on Ireland not what can I do just to get my self voted back in.

There is far too much voting people in because they are from a certain family (because their grandfather was a good politician or some such nonsense), its political croneyism at its worst and until the Irish public decide to vote on issues and policies and not on personalities then there will always be corrupt self serving people in charge of this country (phew rant over)
    Voters in this country are utterly stupid for the most part. Nobody sees the bigger picture, nobody votes for the intelligent candidate who might do something about steering the country in a progressive direction.... people will depressingly always vote for the "chancer" who sorted out potholes on the road outside their house or sorted planning permission for the brother in law.

That is the way and that will always be the way and that is why there will always be a Fianna Fail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

The Crowes were elected fair and square and thats as simple as that. They worked on their with their own people without any help from the Fianna Fail party it just showed when the results of the local elections came out. The Crowes are great representation of Galway City Centre and the Eastside (Renmore,Ballybane,Terryland,Doughiska etc) of the City as well. The people who voted for Mike and Ollie are no clowns and the local elections will showed this. Hopefully Mike or Ollie will soon be in Dail Eireann..

*Looks at username*

Ah I see now why you believe this.
    Mr. Magoo of the cartoon fame is a guy who gets into a series of sticky situations as a result of his nearsightedness, or myopia, compounded by his stubborn refusal to admit the problem.
    Makes sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭axiom32

bull****, i have it on good authority that a few votes for ollie weren't as fair and square as u like to think, one guy managed to vote three times and was paid 300euro plus free drink on results night.

pity there wasn't a decent investigative journalist in this down who ya cud tell the facts too. We all hear these stories and do **** all with them and ill prob get a sanction for the above but i can't name names to back it up. Sure it may come out eventually as if ive heard it then others have too.
    As stated above these people think its a old boys club and sure wasn't he the cute whore for doin it is the attitude they have which allows them to **** us over everytime. Bring the lights up as far as bohermore or is it just leading the way to crowes bar, self serving bastard.

axiom32 wrote: »

bull****, i have it on good authority that a few votes for ollie weren't as fair and square as u like to think, one guy managed to vote three times and was paid 300euro plus free drink on results night.

pity there wasn't a decent investigative journalist in this down who ya cud tell the facts too. We all hear these stories and do **** all with them and ill prob get a sanction for the above but i can't name names to back it up. Sure it may come out eventually as if ive heard it then others have too.
    As stated above these people think its a old boys club and sure wasn't he the cute whore for doin it is the attitude they have which allows them to **** us over everytime. Bring the lights up as far as bohermore or is it just leading the way to crowes bar, self serving bastard.

I really find this hard to believe. If it is true, and you can prove it, then you should sell the story to a tabloid. If you don't want the 10k that the likes of the Sun would pay you, then give it to charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

axiom32 wrote: »

300 euro for 2 illegal votes? Ollie only gave me a sixpack of stale Guinness.

• Advertisement

McTigs wrote: »
    Voters in this country are utterly stupid for the most part. Nobody sees the bigger picture, nobody votes for the intelligent candidate who might do something about steering the country in a progressive direction.... people will depressingly always vote for the "chancer" who sorted out potholes on the road outside their house or sorted planning permission for the brother in law.

That is the way and that will always be the way and that is why there will always be a Fianna Fail

So people who vote for Jackie Healey Rae are stupid? People should vote for candidates who look out for their local interests. Galway city needs representatives who are from the city and will put city interests first. I can't understand how any city person can vote for a redneck like Frank Fahey.

So people who vote for Jackie Healey Rae are stupid? People should vote for candidates who look out for their local interests. Galway city needs representatives who are from the city and will put city interests first. I can't understand how any city person can vote for a redneck like Frank Fahey.

Of course people can vote for who they want, though it will be interesting at the next election to see how Healey Raes' son gets on and whether the Irish voting system of 'my old fella was good so I'm bound to be as well' will carry on.

You obviously want a politician who will do what he can for the local area but this should not be a the expense of national issues, there are local council elections etc that should help with local issues.
    If people had voted for politicians who actually knew what they were doing and not just good at repairing the pot hole in you road then maybe this country wouldnt be in the mess its in.
    You cannot look at politics as a NIMBY you have to look at the wider issues

Webbs wrote: »
    Of course people can vote for who they want, though it will be interesting at the next election to see how Healey Raes' son gets on and whether the Irish voting system of 'my old fella was good so I'm bound to be as well' will carry on.

You obviously want a politician who will do what he can for the local area but this should not be a the expense of national issues, there are local council elections etc that should help with local issues.
    If people had voted for politicians who actually knew what they were doing and not just good at repairing the pot hole in you road then maybe this country wouldnt be in the mess its in.
    You cannot look at politics as a NIMBY you have to look at the wider issues

All politics is local - Tip O'Neill

All politics is local - Tip O'Neill

Oh what wouldnt I give to have someone with half the political skill of O'Neill in the Dail, no one in the FF party is fit to tie the laces of someone like him.

I cant see the following eulogy applying to a fianna Fail TD or one of the Crowes can you!

President Bill Clinton said: "Tip O'Neill was the nation's most prominent, powerful and loyal champion of working people... He loved politics and government because he saw that politics and government could make a difference in people's lives. And he loved people most of all."

What's the odds on Ollie being in the next Dail?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭kellyreilly

Mollie..:D

Mollie is a great name for them...hopefully it will catch on

Mollie is a great name for them...hopefully it will catch on
    I hope so too.

I will certainly do everything i can do to popularise it, i'm not one to shirk my responsibilities.

I hope so too.

I will certainly do everything i can do to popularise it, i'm not one to shirk my responsibilities.

What do you plan to do?

drop into conversation as often as possible.... a man of my popularity in many social circles should see this ingrained within a few weeks.

leave it with me

• Advertisement

drop into conversation as often as possible.... a man of my popularity in many social circles should see this ingrained within a few weeks.

leave it with me

well, have you had any success with your plan?

not really

apathy will be the death of me

not really

apathy will be the death of me

it's never too late to start

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭fernandovargas

he(michael) was voted in as an independant, then joined ff, pure sly, not sure he would havre gotten in first time as a ff counciller, dont know too much about ollie but was suprised he got in on the west ward as he has no affiliation with the west side of the city and was only running as he couldnt run with his brother in the other ward

ErnieBert wrote: »
    John + Edward = Jedward

therefore

Mike + Ollie = Mollie

Do I win a prize ?

ErnieBert wrote: »
    Do I win a prize ?

call into Crowes bar, Ollie will sort you out

Did anyone here M. Crowe on the wireless earlier?
    He was on Newstalk castigating the ever loyal but unsure of residence Callely for his expenses claims.
    Also he was saying that there should be fewer councillors in Galway city & co.

He sure is postioning himself for an election

is there a podcast?

is there a podcast?

There probably is later, it was on around 12:20 ish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,588 ✭✭✭✭kippy

snubbleste wrote: »
    Did anyone here M. Crowe on the wireless earlier?
    He was on Newstalk castigating the ever loyal but unsure of residence Callely for his expenses claims.
    Also he was saying that there should be fewer councillors in Galway city & co.

He sure is postioning himself for an election

Politicians are always positioning themselves for elections.
    A few weeks ago this same politician was on the national airwaves with like a dog with a bone on about how we should bring Chinese into the curriculum..........he wouldnt say however that it should be at the expense of Irish.
    The guy hasnt got a clue.
    Another Publican/Auctioneer in the Dail is NOT what galway city or the country needs..............
    He comes across as a "nice" guy but his policies and that of his party sucks.
    Fair play Michael for calling Callely who is on the way out anyway. How about standing up against the Boy Bertie, or John O Donohoe, or the other 5 or 6 proven cowboys in your party who continue to get away with murder scott free.........

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement