Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the Crowe brothers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭NUIG_FiannaFail

I have alot of time for Crowe. I would like to see him take a seat in the next election. One of the best auctioneers in town too if you are looking to sell some property.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

I have alot of time for Crowe. I would like to see him take a seat in the next election. One of the best auctioneers in town too if you are looking to sell some property.

I would prefer to see Ollie in the dail, he is a great barman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭NUIG_FiannaFail

mike kelly wrote: »
    I would prefer to see Ollie in the dail, he is a great barman

There is no doubt that Ollie is a very shrewd businessman and publican. Personnally i think he will support his brother at the next election. Hopefully there is room for both Crowe and Fahey. Both are superb business people and entrepreneurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

There is no doubt that Ollie is a very shrewd businessman and publican. Personnally i think he will support his brother at the next election. Hopefully there is room for both Crowe and Fahey. Both are superb business people and entrepreneurs.

Well said Frank.

Frank Fahey, an entrepreneur? A rack renting landlord more like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,481 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Me thinks the troll will die of obesity.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭SparKing

mikom wrote: »
    Because two Crowes together are a murder waiting to happen.

Did nobody else pick up on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,593 ✭✭✭✭kippy

The Crowes are "old money" in town. Like a lot of politicians.
    Crowes wasnt a major act of entrepreneurship. It was a family business built up by earlier generations - fair play to them.
    These guys arent lads who pulled themselves up from the gutter and let no one forget that. Politicians like us to think they are like "us" - they very rarely are.

I have serious issues with Auctioneers/Publicans in politics. 1. we have enough of them there already and 2. Anyone who has dealt with an auctioneer will tell ya there is very rarely a straight one.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭einshteen

Trying to cut down trees to get rid of the homeless, how much more evil does it get?

einshteen wrote: »
    Trying to cut down trees to get rid of the homeless, how much more evil does it get?

would you like to have homeless sleeping rough near your house? Mike was looking after his constituients

• Advertisement

would you like to have homeless sleeping rough near your house? Mike was looking after his constituients
    Ah come on.
    The smarter people amongst us would make attempts to tackle the problem and its root causes instead of "moving it on" to another area of the city.
    This guy is a politician, one who should be looking at the slightly bigger picture instead of small time quick fixes for the benefit of a few.
    A ten year old could come up with the "trees" option.

Its very like his Chinese in Schools policy.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

BWAAAHAAAHAAAHAAAHAAAHAAAA!!!!!!

*breath*

Oh good jesus!

kippy wrote: »
    Ah come on.
    The smarter people amongst us would make attempts to tackle the problem and its root causes instead of "moving it on" to another area of the city.
    This guy is a politician, one who should be looking at the slightly bigger picture instead of small time quick fixes for the benefit of a few.
    A ten year old could come up with the "trees" option.

Its very like his Chinese in Schools policy.........

Mike cannot be expected to solve the problem of homeless Polish people, that is a national issue. His "Chinese in schools" policy shows that he is one of the few politicans with a global view. What is the point in learning French? Chinese will have much more importance in future.

*deleted double post*

Mike cannot be expected to solve the problem of homeless Polish people, that is a national issue. His "Chinese in schools" policy shows that he is one of the few politicans with a global view. What is the point in learning French? Chinese will have much more importance in future.
    I take great offence to you saying that these are Polish people. Most homeless people in this country are still Irish, would you believe.

On one hand Mike Crowe cant be expected to solve national issues while on the other he has a "Global" view - get the irony in that.

You've already mentioned that he was looking after his constituents - he would look after them more if he and other idiot politicians in this city sorted out some of the issues around why people are homeless and what can be done about it.
    Sitting up and taking abit of responsibility. These guys are meant to be solving these problems, not swanning around the place.

Chinese in schools. Really - its not that important that we replace French with Chinese. Irish with Chinese maybe.

I take great offence to you saying that these are Polish people. Most homeless people in this country are still Irish, would you believe.

On one hand Mike Crowe cant be expected to solve national issues while on the other he has a "Global" view - get the irony in that.

You've already mentioned that he was looking after his constituents - he would look after them more if he and other idiot politicians in this city sorted out some of the issues around why people are homeless and what can be done about it.
    Sitting up and taking abit of responsibility. These guys are meant to be solving these problems, not swanning around the place.

Chinese in schools. Really - its not that important that we replace French with Chinese. Irish with Chinese maybe.

The people living in those trees were Polish - FACT

I stated the majority of homeless people in this country were Irish.

What about the remainder of my post. Crowe is "Global" and "Local" but not "National".
    Simple fact of the matter, the local thug could come up with the solution of cutting down the trees - the politicians that represent us should be expected to come up with far better and more broad reaching solutions instead of moving the problem to another part of the city.
    Morons.

i think the point kippy is making is that regardless of where they were from, it wasn't the trees that made them homeless and chopping them down won't unhomeless them.

1. Mike's constituents had a problem.

2. Mike solved the problem.

3. At the next election, said constituents will vote for Mike.

It's that simple.

Simple local not in my back yard politics

FF are the masters

• Advertisement

McTigs wrote: »
    Simple local not in my back yard politics

FF are the masters

The reason this country is in the ****er and the reason Crowe wont be getting my vote. SF are probably better than FF at it to be honest but FF come a close second.

The reason this country is in the ****er and the reason Crowe wont be getting my vote. SF are probably better than FF at it to be honest but FF come a close second.
    No candidate for either SF or FF will ever get my vote in any election on any level. EVER.

No candidate for either SF or FF will ever get my vote in any election on any level. EVER.

are the other parties much different?

are the other parties much different?
    No party is without fault but when it comes to corruption, cronyism, incompetence, self service, nod and a wink gombeenism and downright dishonesty Fianna Fail stand head and shoulders above all others.

They give a **** about nobody but themselves and their own. They cannot be trusted. All i ever hear in their defence is "sure, who'd be any better?"

It's a non arguement because as i see it with the monumental budget deficit, spiraling national debt, ****ty health service, bloated unaffordable public service, iminent bankruptcy, little or nothing to show for the "boom" and 350,000 people utterly demoralised in negative equity and 450,000 people on the dole no party could be any worse.

You might think it's great craic to have morons like Frank Fahey reresenting your interests in parliment but i do not.

As for Sinn Fein, they quite simply do not have the best interests of the people of this island at heart. They are a blinkered, regressive organisation who's only platform is some tired bull**** about a united ireland that is really in nobodys interest, least of all the good people of northern ireland.

No party is without fault but when it comes to corruption, cronyism, incompetence, self service, nod and a wink gombeenism and downright dishonesty Fianna Fail stand head and shoulders above all others.

They give a **** about nobody but themselves and their own. They cannot be trusted. All i ever hear in their defence is "sure, who'd be any better?"

It's a non arguement because as i see it with the monumental budget deficit, spiraling national debt, ****ty health service, bloated unaffordable public service, iminent bankruptcy, little or nothing to show for the "boom" and 350,000 people utterly demoralised in negative equity and 450,000 people on the dole no party could be any worse.

You might think it's great craic to have morons like Frank Fahey reresenting your interests in parliment but i do not.

As for Sinn Fein, they quite simply do not have the best interests of the people of this island at heart. They are a blinkered, regressive organisation who's only platform is some tired bull**** about a united ireland that is really in nobodys interest, least of all the good people of northern ireland.

I agree with what you say but you haven't answered the question: who do I vote for instead?

If a local man like Mike Crowe gets elected, I know he will do his best to "deliver the goods" to Galway city.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

I think Chinese classes in schools is a good idea. It is a huge country and a huge market. We may not like their human rights record, or their expansion into Tibet or threats to Taiwan, but if we want jobs we will have to do business with them. For that you need to know their language.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

Voters in this country are utterly stupid for the most part. Nobody sees the bigger picture, nobody votes for the intelligent candidate who might do something about steering the country in a progressive direction.... people will depressingly always vote for the "chancer" who sorted out potholes on the road outside their house or sorted planning permission for the brother in law.
    Thats actually the way it was set up by Eamonn "comely maidens" DeValera, with his single transferable vote. 99% of the countries with PR have the party list system so you are forced to vote for the party politics. Both voters and TDs are just working the system as it is designed to work.

I haven't met Michael Crowe myself, but I would agree that we don't need any more media hungry TDs with a publican background and no clear national agenda except getting into power in the Dáil though, 40% of FF TDs are already in that category. Ollie I have met and he's just along for the ride as far as I can see. I have heard unsubstantiated rumours of free drinks nights in Crowe's pub around election time though, which is disturbing, if anyone can confirm or deny.

And lads, as you are no doubt reading this...
    Mollie..:D
    ...welcome to the internet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Great, I was wondering what we would do with all them Chinese people you see around Galway, as was Michealeen no doubt. Paying them €40 an hour ( plus holiday and pension payments) as teachers of Chinese in Irish schools seems like an absolutely brilliant idea to me.

Then what will we do with the teachers already in the system while they are doing nothing at over €40 an hour seeing as their subject was dropped for Chinese....as they get increments for being permanent.

Crowe himself never quite managed the honour in English in the leaving cert not that it matters when you want to get elected as an FF TD to run the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

before he starts banging on about learning chinese, I think he should really do a few english grammer lessons himself - did anyone read his letters in the papers over the last couple of weeks - my ten year old has better grammer.

he got rightly blasted with the replies too - I think he hasn't got a clue. :D

• Advertisement

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Great, I was wondering what we would do with all them Chinese people you see around Galway, as was Michealeen no doubt. Paying them €40 an hour ( plus holiday and pension payments) as teachers of Chinese in Irish schools seems like an absolutely brilliant idea to me.

Then what will we do with the teachers already in the system while they are doing nothing at over €40 an hour seeing as their subject was dropped for Chinese....as they get increments for being permanent.

Crowe himself never quite managed the honour in English in the leaving cert not that it matters when you want to get elected as an FF TD to run the country.

What did he get in the Leaving Cert?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement