Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a decent stroller pls

Options
  • 04-11-2009 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭

Hi

Can anyone recommend a half decent stroller for a 6 month old.

We have the Quinny travel system but find it a bit awkward if just going on a short journey. Just need something that folds up quite small and is light.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

We have a standard enough Maclaren buggy which has done both our 4 year old and our 1 year old. It folds small enough for most car boots and is pretty light and maneouverable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

Sleepy wrote: »
    We have a standard enough Maclaren buggy which has done both our 4 year old and our 1 year old. It folds small enough for most car boots and is pretty light and maneouverable.
    +1
    I like the fact the seat can recline almost flat and the small leg support arms can extend...very useful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Thanks I'll have a look at the maclaren one..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

iggy wrote: »
    Thanks I'll have a look at the maclaren one..

If gettin a maclaren, get one thats suitable from birth as they lie all the way back. The ones suitable from 4 months or so dont lie back as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 katieboo84

i have the mamas and papas pulse. i have it the last 2 1/2 years and its still in great condition, so much so my friend asked me for it (my "baby" almost 3).
    it lies back flat for a new born, comes with the rain cover and is very light, before i learned to drive i was always on the buses and it was great, easy to fold and has a handy handle on the side to carry or lift in and out of the car. it also has the fold down leg thing and pockets in the back for keys and purse ect, i have to say i would recommend one, my sis has a 2 yr old boy and is on her 2nd maclaren quest already, the back wheels wore down on the first and the bars at the back which you push down to put the stroller up with, one broke.
    go have a look around the shops and ask whats the best to buy, but its deffo worth payin a bit extra for one that will last.
    happy shopping!
    kate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Just got a McLaren XLR in Mothercare in Carrickmines this week end past. Reduced to €195, think it is the Pink one only (suitable for the little princesses). Comes with seat liner and footmuff too. This is the colour: EK1556_l.jpg

This is the blue one with the accessories: 49195780-300x300-0-0_Maclaren+Maclaren+Techno+XLR+Boot+Coffee+Brown+Sof.jpg

Reclines right back, very comfy and roomy for her.

Our previous buggy was a McLaren Quest which was 5 years old and still going.

McLaren have a lifetime guarentee with their buggies.

Advertisement