Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Masters In Sydney?

• 04-11-2009 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi All,

Have applied to do a masters in sydney in property development in uts or unsw. Course due to start march 2010, anyone else going to sydney for a masters or have any experience of studying in oz would be interested to hear from you.

Cheers
    Ciaran

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 orlamcnevin

Hi,

I am currently looking into an undergrad midwifery course in Sydney.
    I am trying to gather as much info as possible regarding the application process and any potential challenges.

I know you applied for a masters but was hoping you might outline any challenges you encountered during the international application process?

Thanks,
    Orla

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Ciaran102

Hi Orla,

I found the entire process quite simple to be honest, I qualified for the masters by having an honours degree from DIT. I'm not sure what the criteria is for an undergrad but I'm sure if you qualify in Ireland you'd probably qualify in Oz as well, you can apply directly to most of the main universities. On their websites, they give you a good description of the course and what the entry requirements are.

When you apply to the uni they will look at your application and if they feel you meet the requirements for the course they will send you a letter of offer. You will need to send certified copies of your leaving cert and possibly junior cert I'd say. The costs are quite expensive again the uni website should show you what these will be.

Once you get letter of offer you can accept your place by sending a deposit normally cost of 1st term, once the uni receives this they will send you a COE number which you then use to apply for a visa you can also do this online. It takes about 4 weeks to get the visa. Hope some of that helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Hi Orla,

Make sure to check out the funding for Australian undergrads, as they can be crazy expensive.

Advertisement