Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of buying in Clonsilla - What part?

Options
  • 04-11-2009 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Friends of mine, a couple, are thinking of buying a house somewhere in Clonsilla.
    One works in Lucan, the other in Kimmage.
    What areas are good to live in, and what are ones to avoid?
    They are looking for a nice quiet respectable area, and somewhere that traffic wouldnt be too bad along their route to work if possible.
    They dont have kids, so would prefer to be away from schools.
    Castleknock/Blanchardstown would be first preference, but out of their budget at the moment, so any advice on some nice parts of Clonsilla would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,385 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Wouldn't it make a lot more sense to live southside?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭tevion

yeah that what I think, but apparantly most areas are out of their budget, with the exception of Tallaght, which they wouldnt want to live in.
    Think they have a budget of about 270K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Most places around Clonsilla Village are nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,385 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Two people crossing the toll each way, twice a day = ~€10

= €2,000+ per year

= €60,000 over 30 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Victor wrote: »

= €2,000+ per year

= €60,000 over 30 years.

They don't have to cross the toll though... Lucan is near enough to Clonsilla if they go over the railway bridge out past Fort Lucan and Kimmage is accessible through Chapelizod...

Rusheeny Avenue, close to shops in Ongar and Littlepace.

Portersgate, which is close to the train station (link to Lucan), also close to Clonsilla Village for shops etc.

Basically, I'd stay away from: parts of Hartstown, Fortlawn, Mountview...
    Look for properties in: Windemere, Aldermere, Portersgate, Littlepace (technically Clonee but close enough), Hunters Run, Rusheeny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Victor wrote: »

= €2,000+ per year

= €60,000 over 30 years.

You wouldn't use the toll, it is best to take the back road from Clonsilla to Lucan.

Other good estates include The Village Porterstown, Limelawn, Charnwood, Lambourne. Lohunda is another option for the budget conscious buyer.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Have you considered palmerstown? I think you would find something there within your budget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

They don't have to cross the toll though... Lucan is near enough to Clonsilla if they go over the railway bridge out past Fort Lucan and Kimmage is accessible through Chapelizod...

Rusheeny Avenue, close to shops in Ongar and Littlepace.

Portersgate, which is close to the train station (link to Lucan), also close to Clonsilla Village for shops etc.

Basically, I'd stay away from: parts of Hartstown, Fortlawn, Mountview...
    Look for properties in: Windemere, Aldermere, Portersgate, Littlepace (technically Clonee but close enough), Hunters Run, Rusheeny.
    i'd second protersgate,nice quiet estate close to the railway station,although it can become a bit of a park and ride as commuters park around the estate to get the train to town,or atleast they did when i lived there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

They don't have to cross the toll though... Lucan is near enough to Clonsilla if they go over the railway bridge out past Fort Lucan and Kimmage is accessible through Chapelizod....

Accessible yes, but the traffic coming from Porterstown or Castleknock into Chapelizod can be crazy at times. Then you have to go up to the South Circular Rd onto the canal and into Crumlin. I'd estimate that would take 60-90mins one way. I used to drive the opposite direction and see the line of cars stretching from Castleknock.

Palmerstown or parts of Lucan would be a better option IMO. Prices have dropped considerably over the last year in these areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

There's plenty of 2 bed apartments on the southside for <270k. If they can hang on another 6 months-1 year they could get something even better.

Personally i'd want to top myself if I had to commute from Clonsilla to Lucan or Kimmage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Hallowed

eth0_ wrote: »
    There's plenty of 2 bed apartments on the southside for <270k. If they can hang on another 6 months-1 year they could get something even better.

Personally i'd want to top myself if I had to commute from Clonsilla to Lucan or Kimmage.

Whatever about Kimmage, it only takes 10 to 15 minutes to drive to Lucan from Clonsilla.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Hallowed wrote: »
    Whatever about Kimmage, it only takes 10 to 15 minutes to drive to Lucan from Clonsilla.

Unless you get caught by the train but that just means you have to plan your journey.

Advertisement