Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zaph, Lolth and Tom Dunne agree to be admins.

Options
  • 04-11-2009 9:51pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The subject really says it all... Its a tough job but I'm sure you'll join me in wishing them well. :)

DeV.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Eh ... Tom Dunne uses an iPhone. Who can I complain to? These people should not be given any power!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Commiserations...

is Tom Dunne the real Tom Dunne or just a different Tom Dunne, btw? I've always been curious about that =p

Can the real Tom Dunne please stand up?

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Commiserations...

is Tom Dunne the real Tom Dunne or just a different Tome Dunne, btw? I've always been curious about that =p

LOL. . . PM him and ask him to play a request for ya. Then tune in and listen! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Its not the real Tom Dunne. Its actually Bill Cullen pretending to be Tom Dunne.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

May they enjoy the fruits of the Helpdesk :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

regi wrote: »
    Its not the real Tom Dunne. Its actually Bill Cullen pretending to be Tom Dunne.

or navan man
    best of lads:)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Good luck guys

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Good luck lads & thanks whoever turned thanks back on. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Good luck & have fun!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Sherifu wrote: »
    Good luck lads & thanks whoever turned thanks back on. :)

I have to say I prefer Gordon's sig. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I have to say I prefer Gordon's sig. :D
    Once I know i'm getting to him it's satisfaction enough.

I need not your adulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Good luck lads. :)

/Maybe it's Ben Dunne...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Is there a limit to the number of users you can have on your Ignore List? :pac:

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

/Maybe it's Ben Dunne...
    Actually, his official title is Sheikh Yerbouti and he's a camel herder in outer Arabia.

He also bootlegs beer in the desert, all in all a handy person to know..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Steve wrote: »
    Actually, his official title is Sheikh Yerbouti and he's a camel herder in outer Arabia.

He also bootlegs beer in the desert, all in all a handy person to know..;)

Damn you.

Now they're are on to me. :(

Maybe I can get work at a radio station out here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Personally I think it's a disgrace that somebody can be *Promoted* to an administrator who has been proven in this very forum to be a bully. I'm not naming names but we all know who it is.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Personally I think it's a disgrace that somebody can be *Promoted* to an administrator who has been proven in this very forum to be a bully. I'm not naming names but we all know who it is.

No. We all don't know who. And I detest insinuations.
    If you have something to say, say it or refrain from commenting at all.

OK

Was there not a case not so long ago involving Pighead and Tom Dunne?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Good lord.
    Aye, Tom Dunne made one mistake, he apologised and fixed it.
    But, you know, you're dead right, lets hang him cos nobody should ever be allowed to make one mistake. Ever.
    Lets also ignore the fact that the other 99% of his modding has been perfect. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Y'know what I would prefer to have someone who screwed up and had a insigth to see it when pointed out and the balls to acknowledge, accept it and to set things right and say sorry while be gracious about it as an admin then someone who who refuses to budge even when it's pointed out they are wrong and never says sorry ever.

Everyone makes mistakes, if you don't then your not human but a bot and we dont' need bots for admins.

Yup Tom Dunne has balls and grace what more do you need in an admin.

Oh and by the way I was the mod who put that particular ban in place so please get your facts rigth before you start slinging mud.

Aye, Tom Dunne made one mistake, he apologised and fixed it

From my recollection It wasn't just once, It was over a prolonged period and Pighead made his case very directly with all the relevant links. If it was one single case then fair enough but that was different. He did apologise but only when it was clearly shown to all the level of abuse leveled towards Pighead.

Y'know what I would prefer to have someone who screwed up and had a insigth to see it when pointed out and the balls to acknowledge, accept it and to set things right and say sorry while be gracious about it as an admin then someone who who refuses to budge even when it's pointed out they are wrong and never says sorry ever.

I disagree, It depends on how they screwed up in the first place. Not all crimes are the same. I think to be an Admin you should at least to have a decent record regarding treating users with respect and not abusing them.
    Oh and by the way I was the mod who put that particular ban in place so please get your facts rigth before you start slinging mud.

What ban? who mentioned bans?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The issue with pig head was about his perma ban from bgrh issued for his shít stirring behaviour, Pig heads run ins with Tom Dunne were due to this behaviour on the forum.

Strange how you seem to recall "bullying" but not why there was a thread here in feedback or what the real issues were, it seems your recollation is flawed at best,
    and I find your accusation of bullying to be nothing but trying to slander Tom Dunne
    who has a wonderful record and is always willing to give posters the benefit of the doubt.

So by your rational then DeVore should not be an admin cos he called someone a cúnt, even after apologising?

Pull the other one it's got bells on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Rev. BlueJeans

Very few people on here are whiter than white, s(ome of them are even admins already), and those who are don't often get recognised as such with a few shining examples.

I think, for what little it matters to anyone, that TD is an excellent choice to help over see things, and has more than redeemed himself for his earlier, and almost totally forgotten transgression. It should be remembered that he was by no means alone, or at the top of the pile, when it came to throwing stones in PH's direction

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We review all users posting when we consider them for Moderatorship... we give Adminship a considerably bigger review and we were all very happy to work with these three. I can work with people who make mistakes, I have to... I'm one of them. :)

This is kinda getting off topic and dragging up old crap.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Thaedydal wrote: »

So by your rational then DeVore should not be an admin cos he called someone a cúnt, even after apologising?

:eek:

WTF!!!

I call for Devore and Tom Dunne to be paraded in public and we get to throw cds at them. Yes, that'll learn them :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Putting aside my distain at once again been actively ignored for this position i would like to endorse Tom Dunnes promotion... congrats to Zaph, and sorry never heard of the other chappy but congrats to you too.

Surely you must have enough Admins at this stage to form a football team, granted one of them is a chick..Stick Beru in goal, she can flash on comming strikers.. stone wall defence

Advertisement