Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken nose

• 04-11-2009 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭

Hello ,sorry if this is the wrong forum

I have noticed from pictures recently that the bridge of my nose is bent out of shape .This was brought ot my attention when someone asked me did I brake my nose ,and from subsequently viewing pics of myself where my nose is bent out of shape at the bridge. I don't know when or where this happened but it is must have been within the last couple of months.

Would anybody know of what options I would have of fixing this? .Would I have to pay a doctor 500 to rebrake my nose or something?.:(

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Are you saying you think you broke your nose without noticing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭badabing106

Yes I guess so ,It is clearly bent at the bridge of the nose .This was not the case months ago .

I can only presume that I had a drunken fall previously and never noticed it until someone and recent pictures of myself brought it to my attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Itd say youd quite clearly notice if you broke your nose recently.
    People always ask me the same thing cause of lumps on the bridge of it.it turns out mines easy to make bleed but difficult to break :pac: (somethin about the bone stopping short.I dunno)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭injured365

Well if you never noticed until others pointed it out and if you never noticed when it happened it cant have been a bad break so do you really think you need to have it reset???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

I've broken my nose before and I knew it was broken; blood everywhere, swollen, black eyes and very painful. Could've been a minor break but I really think you'd know about it if you'd broken it.

You could just have a slightly mishapen nose - nothing wrong wrong with that. If you do want to get it straightened for cosmetic reasons it's gonna cost ya.

• Advertisement

I honestly don't know ,I've looked at previous pics and it was fine .There was never any swelling or pain but the bridge of my noise is very crooked now .

Just looking up costs for "Rhinoplasty" which is approx 3-4 grand in UK or 6 grand here .Guess I was a bit optomistic with that 500 :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

I broke my nose or rather some c*nt did.

You need a rhinoplasty I had it done. My GP referred me to St Vincents Hospital in Dublin, there some c*nt will brake it but reset in place for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

With all due respect to people who've had their nose broken ... I myself have a nose that's encountered adversity ... no-one here can or should say Rhinoplasty is the answer for you.

Each of the 4 times my nose was broken ... I knew ALL about it for days/weeks afterwards.

If you are really worried about it ... seek medical advice

I'm locking this thread now, before someone offers to break your nose for 500 lids.

/thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement