Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad credit history - how long?

Options
  • 04-11-2009 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I have a question - I'm posting here as I want it to be anonymous

So, took out a loan 5 years ago - my first ever loan. The loan was for €5,000. I was 20.

With a credit union.

For 1 year my payments were regular and on time.

After that year I hit a bad patch in life and paid only 2 payments during a period of 3 years.

During this time there were legal letters sent to my house and a CU representative even called to see me.

During the summer of 2008 I cleared the loan and also paid assosiated legal expenses which ammounted to over €1,000

I know this was not good, but my question is this: How long does this bad judgement made by the CU affect me? How long does it stay with me?

I'm not looking to know if I can get another loan, I'm wondering what my chances are of ever getting a mortgage for example, as I have been told I can't!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Laducar

I'm almost certain that the credit unions have only recently started reporting to the Irish credit bureau , in which case your fine. You can get a copy of your credit file to check

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

It's 5 years from when the loan is paid off.

But most credit untions are not in the icb.

Check if it's on the list here :
    http://www.icb.ie/membership.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 VB1962

Did they obtain a court judgement against you?

Advertisement