Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bar/club work in australia

Options
  • 04-11-2009 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

hey guys was looking for a bit of help before i head over to australia in a few weeks.

ive got a solid amount of experience in bar/food service and am looking to get some similar work when i go over to australia on my WHV. but someone told me that i need to do a course in order to work in bars in oz.

can someone point me in the right direction as to where to find info on the course? how often do they occur and how does one qualify?

thanks for the help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Derek B

It's called the RSA course (responsible service of alcohol), and is on at least a couple of times a week in Sydney afaik. Everyone qualifies as long as you pay the fee, which might be around $100. There could be another course for food service, not too sure sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Derek B wrote: »
    It's called the RSA course (responsible service of alcohol), and is on at least a couple of times a week in Sydney afaik. Everyone qualifies as long as you pay the fee, which might be around $100. There could be another course for food service, not too sure sorry

Yes there is a food course. :D

You can book all this stuff when you get here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

i think u can possibly do it online for cheaper. coulda sworn i seen it in a job agency in perth. 60 dollars online. dunno the web address though.

Advertisement