Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

C&C Welcomed : No to NAMA Protestors. Dublin

• 04-11-2009 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭

My first time sticking head above parapet for a C&C: All Shots are Ilford HP5+ 400 ISO film taken with 50mm f/1.4D Nikon Prime.

There is a link back on my Flickr to view all these on black, if you really want to be pedantic as white backgrounds drains tone from B&W shots IMHO..

4075887246_6df3007520.jpg

4073616564_b68f428221.jpg

4073617582_29c334ac48.jpg

3972297855_cf6d1db88b.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

In my humble opinon, these's are really great, I think you captured the feeling of a protest. For me #2 is a winner it's a powerfull image you captured, as with #3. #4 I thought it looked a wee bit lost but I think its just cause there are no protest signs behind them but as a story board it fits really well. #1 the look on the kids face is great "arrgh protest !"

Again humble opinon but I like them alot.

Great work Simplicius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

You know what I think about No:4, it's an excellent photo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Really good photojornalism shots there.

1 the child is really good, just a pity dad has his eyes closed.

2 is the one that works best for me, you can almost hear that hailer.

3 I feel would be stronger if you crop out the sky just above the placards.

4 has a lovely mood about it, very serious and intent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Simplicius

@ Caban Sail: Re: No. 3 and the suggestion about the sky, you were spot on, see below , it strengthens the composition a lot.

I am now seeing the benefit of C&C or joining your local camera club and getting reviewed. Simply put, no matter how much you try to be objective there is always things you miss and 3rd party input really does help you learn how to improve.

4073617582_ae3520414f_m.jpg

Advertisement