Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midweek 5 aside - Coolmine - sign up!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

If someone rings early in the morning we could possibly secure the pitch for tomorrow.

We can worry about a block booking later on.

So clap, with your new found powers, are you taking extra names for teamer? :D

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Formal shorts

kenon wrote: »
    If someone rings early in the morning we could possibly secure the pitch for tomorrow.

We can worry about a block booking later on.

So clap, with your new found powers, are you taking extra names for teamer? :D

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Clap - you dont need to find the extra money. When I made the booking for our Thursday game I just paid it on the night.

If you are adding people to teamer for the Tuesday game, maybe put TUE after their name or something ?

Formal shorts has booked the pitch for tonight as Aaron appears to have been too lazy! I'm gonna send out teamer messages now. If anyone isnt on teamer but wants to play tonight, can you please PM me your name/phone number and email and I'll add you.

Also, I would ask people to only accept the invitation for the Tuesday game manually rather than by text. The reason for this is Ive no idea how teamer will distinguish between the game on Tuesday and Thursday, so by texting it may accept or deny the invitation for the wrong game. So if you can manually go on to the website and change your status to accepted for the Tuesday game, that would be great.

[edit] Ive also made Ken and Ciaran co-organizers on teamer so they can add players/create games etc. If anyone else thinks that they may want to add players or create games in future just let me know and I'll make you a co-organizer also.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MYP82

i can get an extra player if we need one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Maybe be better to set up a 2nd account in Teamer for Tuesday crows as to not mix up numbers?

Not sure if this would mean we would have to register twice though ?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭kwyjibot

ciaran76 wrote: »

Your one teamer account can be associated with multiple teams, provided that the new team uses the contact details on your existing account to invite you.

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Maybe be better to set up a 2nd account in Teamer for Tuesday crows as to not mix up numbers?

Nah I think Ive got it sorted in my head now. Anyone who gets added for the Tuesday game will have a 'TUE' after their name. They wont get invitations for the Thursday game. In future, I will only send out Thursday teamer notices on a Wednesday so they dont get confused with the Tuesday ones. Does that make sense ?
    kwyjibot wrote: »
    Your one teamer account can be associated with multiple teams, provided that the new team uses the contact details on your existing account to invite you.

On second thoughts, that might be a much simpler way to do it. Just set the Tuesday game up as a separate team.

I meant it in a way that some people dont have to read this before you sent out the text earlier so would probaly have replied by text.

Anyway sorted now it seems :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 greg70

id love to play but haven't played in years not sure that id be any good to ye
    still might go up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭clap-for-trap

Tusky wrote: »
    Formal shorts has booked the pitch for tonight as Aaron appears to have been too lazy![.QUOTE]
    dont appreciate that comment!
    i wasnt being lazy, i said i couldnt get the money to book it. when i rang up the woman told me i couldnt secure the pitch if i didnt give a credit card number or pay in advance and as i dont have a job or a credit card i saved my money from this weekend to put to my money from next week to pay for it.

greg70 wrote: »
    id love to play but haven't played in years not sure that id be any good to ye
    still might go up

Well were not exactly world beaters and its only a friendly game. Weve been playing for a couple of months now so our fitness has definitely improved, but all levels of both fitness and ability are welcome. If you want to play, just pm me your details and I'll add you to teamer. Dont just turn up though without confirming on teamer, as we generally try to get even numbers each week.
    Formal shorts has booked the pitch for tonight as Aaron appears to have been too lazy!.QUOTE]
    dont appreciate that comment!
    i wasnt being lazy, i said i couldnt get the money to book it. when i rang up the woman told me i couldnt secure the pitch if i didnt give a credit card number or pay in advance and as i dont have a job or a credit card i saved my money from this weekend to put to my money from next week to pay for it.

In that case, accusations of laziness are withdrawn! Strange though, as she let me pay on the night. Didnt ask for credit card or any of that.

Coolmine can be a pain in the arse to deal with. They seem to change their minds about how you pay. Formal shorts would of had to pay using his credit card but hopefully we can have a word with them tonight and explain that this will be an on going thing and we would prefer to pay on the night.

Either way, we have Tuesday footie :D

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

thats what she said to me i even told her we played on thursdays every week and we would definitely show, but she was having none of it

thats what she said to me i even told her we played on thursdays every week and we would definitely show, but she was having none of it

She said the exact same thing to me, although it's the first time I've booked with them in 2 odd years so I wasn't surprised.

Looking forward to tonight now :D

She said the exact same thing to me, although it's the first time I've booked with them in 2 odd years so I wasn't surprised.

Looking forward to tonight now :D

im glad it wasnt only me! :P im looking forward to it aswell, my right foot isnt really though, quite sore at the moment :mad: should be ok though

*makes mental note to "shawcross" clap's right foot* ;)

We currently only have 11 on teamer, so if anyone has a mate that wants to play, bring them along.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

Yeah, i'll play tonight if there's room for 1 more. Pretty unfit though.

5T3PH3N wrote: »
    Yeah, i'll play tonight if there's room for 1 more. Pretty unfit though.

Great stuff. You havent played before have you ? We meet by the bike rack at the front at about 9:55 and Its gonna be 10 quid (5 quid is deposit). Seeya there and dont worry about fitness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

Tusky wrote: »
    Great stuff. You havent played before have you ? We meet by the bike rack at the front at about 9:55 and Its gonna be 10 quid (5 quid is deposit). Seeya there and dont worry about fitness.

No, i haven't played with you lot before, think i know 1 or 2 of you though. Cheers, see ya then.

Tonight was an absolute joke.

How hard is it to tell whether one of four pitches is available at a given time?!

"Is there a pitch free on a Monday?", "Emmmh...I think so....". Look at your computer and say yes or no.

Perhaps we should look at a different venue for Tuesdays? Castleknock? Corduff sports centre? Colaiste Ide? DCU?

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

Yeah they acted terrible and the poor fella working there didn't know what to do.

If you think about it we ended up talking to 3 different people and no one had a clue what to do.:(

Have they rang anyone yet to see about Monday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MYP82

kenon wrote: »
    Tonight was an absolute joke.

How hard is it to tell whether one of four pitches is available at a given time?!

"Is there a pitch free on a Monday?", "Emmmh...I think so....". Look at your computer and say yes or no.

Perhaps we should look at a different venue for Tuesdays? Castleknock? Corduff sports centre? Colaiste Ide? DCU?

yeah if theres a few other places near by we could try them, i play at DCU couple of times a week theres always few pitches spare but it might be quite far for some people by time you get there and back. theres one in laurell lodge i think its open to public but its just 1 or maybe 2 pitches

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

There's some good pitches at Coolmine Rugby club, I've used them before and the guy looking after them is sound.

Evening gents. I got a call this evening from Philip in Coolmine. He first of all apologised for the mess up last night. With regards to the money paid, that is going against tomorrow nights game, so tomorrow is paid for. As I understand it, not everyone there on Tuesday will be playing tomorrow, but he also offered us a free game the next time I ring to book, so no one should be left short.

Going forward, he's contacted someone who has a long standing booking on Tuesdays at 10, and they may not be using it any more. They have until Friday to decide, so he's going to call me on Friday evening to let me know what the story is.

Evening gents. I got a call this evening from Philip in Coolmine. He first of all apologised for the mess up last night. With regards to the money paid, that is going against tomorrow nights game, so tomorrow is paid for. As I understand it, not everyone there on Tuesday will be playing tomorrow, but he also offered us a free game the next time I ring to book, so no one should be left short.

Going forward, he's contacted someone who has a long standing booking on Tuesdays at 10, and they may not be using it any more. They have until Friday to decide, so he's going to call me on Friday evening to let me know what the story is.

Cheers for the update.

Update: Just received a call from Philip. They have a long term slot available for Tuesdays. He said it's €120 deposit, and we give him a time frame, eg 3 months. With the €120, we we get it for 60 per week instead of 65 which is the once off rate. €60 of that is held aside in case we don't show on a particular night, they take for it.

I've asked him to put us down for this Tuesday coming anyway, and I'd get back to him on Monday to say whether we'd like to go ahead with the long term.

What do you guys think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Seems fine.

Is that a 10r deposit each and an extra 5 for tuesday aswell?

Advertisement