Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midweek 5 aside - Coolmine - sign up!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bassboxxx

I'd love to put my name down for a game I'd be free most weeks and at short notice...

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MYP82

kenon wrote: »
    It turns out I never changed the AM to PM when setting up tonight's game so it expired.

I've set it up correctly this time and tried to add the people who accepted from memory but...I've 13 down.

I cant remember if Gareth or Eddie declined...?

Yeah I accepted yesterday. Let me know if you have too many though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

MYP82 wrote: »
    Yeah I accepted yesterday. Let me know if you have too many though.
    Nope, we're good to go.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Bassboxxx wrote: »
    I'd love to put my name down for a game I'd be free most weeks and at short notice...

I'll keep you in mind, but we generally have too many people. If you want to pm me your mobile number I'll give you a txt if we are ever short.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭kwyjibot

I see we've got 13 confirmed for tonight - I pulled something in my leg earlier today so don't mind dropping out to leave it 6 on 6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Up to you kwyjibot. Usually its last in should really drop out.

kwyjibot wrote: »
    I see we've got 13 confirmed for tonight - I pulled something in my leg earlier today so don't mind dropping out to leave it 6 on 6.
    Yup, its up to you. If you actually don't think you can play, let us know and we'll text Kevin (he's 13th at the moment) and let him know he can play.

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭kwyjibot

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Up to you kwyjibot. Usually its last in should really drop out.

Changed my status on teamer there. Don't mind dropping out tonight, leg's not feeling the best this evening so I'll rest it up this week and have it back in all it's sitter-missing glory next week!

I've texted Kevin to let him know he can play tonight.

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

kwyjibot wrote: »
    Changed my status on teamer there. Don't mind dropping out tonight, leg's not feeling the best this evening so I'll rest it up this week and have it back in all it's sitter-missing glory next week!

lol

• Advertisement

Has kevin dropped off anybody else's teamer or is it just mine? :confused:

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

Has kevin dropped off anybody else's teamer or is it just mine? :confused:

He appears to have dropped off mine also.

Kevin's phone has gone missing. I'm not sure how he dropped off teamer though.

He down for playing so we only need 11 accepted on teamer tonight.

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭dubdec99

If the teams are uneven for tonight then i'll obviously drop out - just let me know by txt - cheers

Kevin's phone has gone missing. I'm not sure how he dropped off teamer though.

He down for playing so we only need 11 accepted on teamer tonight.

Kevin is back on my teamer. We currently have 11 players. Think Tony wants to play so that would make 12. Ill let you know in a few mins.

[edit] He cant play. So we still need one more.

Ok Ive got an extra man so we now have 12.

Tusky wrote: »
    Kevin is back on my teamer. We currently have 11 players. Think Tony wants to play so that would make 12. Ill let you know in a few mins.

[edit] He cant play. So we still need one more.

Yeh I meant to say I re-added him earlier.
    Ok Ive got an extra man so we now have 12.

Good stuff.

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

I'll be out for a bit after last night.
    Old groin problem so once it went I knew I was finished. Keep the invites coming but i'll probably have to decline for the next month or so.
    Cheers,
    P

manster wrote: »
    I'll be out for a bit after last night.
    Old groin problem so once it went I knew I was finished. Keep the invites coming but i'll probably have to decline for the next month or so.
    Cheers,
    P

Sorry to hear that :(

Weird night as we had 3 people down injured by the end. Unusual as we rarely get any!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭dubdec99

Went to the physio in westpoint this evening, I've torn my calf muscle apparently so it'll be a few weeks out for me too but keep the invites coming please....What a glorious comeback last night wasn't!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bassboxxx

Thanks for the game lads..

It was like the start of Private Ryan there for a minute there was that many men fallin' lol:cool:

Sounds like some game!

We're having a bad run of luck with injuries lately, hopefully it ends fairly quickly!

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

Sorry to hear about the injuries lads. Also Kev injured his foot at the beginning and reckons he may be out for a game or two. Gareths back injury seemed to return also. Strange game indeed.

Yeah its crap. I hurt my ankle last Thursday and I'm hoping to get back next Thursday, I dont like missing out on games.

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭tomplaya

Sorry to hear about the injuries lads. Also Kev injured his foot at the beginning and reckons he may be out for a game or two. Gareths back injury seemed to return also. Strange game indeed.
    hi lads,i jarred my knee after making a block tackle.the inside of the knee is sore.can`t really bend the leg so i was walking with a limp today.i`m hoping that it`s not ligament damage,i was reading about guys that suffered anterior and cruciate ligament injuries on the fitness forum last night.these type of injuries could possibly occur during our game of football.shearer,van nistellroy,gascoigne,fabregas,bullard and michael owen are some of the pro`s, to name but a few,that have been out of action for long spells with these type of knee injuries over the years.
    i will be out of action for a while but i hope to be back soon as i can.

Yeah its crap. I hurt my ankle last Thursday and I'm hoping to get back next Thursday, I dont like missing out on games.
    tomplaya wrote: »
    hi lads,i jarred my knee after making a block tackle.the inside of the knee is sore.can`t really bend the leg so i was walking with a limp today.i`m hoping that it`s not ligament damage,i was reading about guys that suffered anterior and cruciate ligament injuries on the fitness forum last night.these type of injuries could possibly occur during our game of football.shearer,van nistellroy,gascoigne,fabregas,bullard and michael owen are some of the pro`s, to name but a few,that have been out of action for long spells with these type of knee injuries over the years.

Mine is only a sprain and I'm just waiting for the swelling and soreness to go away before I go back running on it.

You should go for a scan if the swelling/pain doesn't go away after a week but you probably strained the ligaments in your knee by (as Andy gray says weekly)... opening up the joint and taking a blow on it.

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭tomplaya

Bassboxxx wrote: »
    Thanks for the game lads..

It was like the start of Private Ryan there for a minute there was that many men fallin' lol:cool:
    ha ha good analogy.your first time to play and people were dropping like flies lol.
    we never really got injuries before tonight but it`s like busès --you wait ages and ages for one and then three come along at the same time.

my back has completely gone now so il be out for a bit, gotta try resist temptation of going back to soon. been taking painkillers for few weeks before playing but after thursday i couldnt even take my boots off so it's getting worse.

tomplaya wrote: »

my ankle twisted blocking a shot couple of weeks ago and it twisted my knee outwards- awful pain on the inside of the knee and swelled up, sounds similar to where yours is hurting you? i bought a knee support as i couldnt kick the ball without it really hurting but the support made a huge difference while playing. you might be better resting it for a while then consider a good knee support for a bit while its still not 100%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Seems like were having an injury crisis! Sounds like Arsenal!!

My ankle is still bad, Could be out for another while, went to the gym to start off on my foot but I think I aggravated it so no footy for me for a while still :(

Advertisement