Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midweek 5 aside - Coolmine - sign up!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Yup. My bad.

I'll send them out again tomorrow morning.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

Teamer messages have been re-sent as I sent the last ones out with the wrong date and they expired.

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

No Gibby or Ken tonight.
    I have 6 bibs so that should do.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MYP82

ciaran76 wrote: »
    No Gibby or Ken tonight.
    I have 6 bibs so that should do.

ye we only need one set that will be great. only got 11 so far can anyone get a player? il ask around too

Teamer messages were sent out and there is 14 down for tonight at the moment.

On a side note, I play the odd indoor game in Verona now and then with a group of lads that have been playing there for over ten years. They play 5 a side and I believe its something like €40 for an hour, but whoever is collecting the money, takes a fiver off everybody and they accumulate the extra tenner collected per game over the year. Then at the end of the year they put the money towards food and drink on a night out.

I'm just wondering if there would be any interest in introducing something similar for our games. Something like paying €6 instead of the usual €5 for the game on the Tuesdays and Thursdays. Then keep the extra money to put towards something at the end of the year. The money would also create some petty cash to go towards a bag of footballs for when Damien and Morris kick the ball out of the grounds, new gloves for when the old ones go rancid, maybe some medical stuff for when Ray is playing etc. That way everything is owned by the group and not individuals.

I just thought that I'd put the idea out there. Obviously not everybody would have to take part. I'd take note of all the money in or out and post a spreadsheet of it every week or so. The money would be used in whatever way the majority of people wanted to use it.

So let me know what you think.

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

• Advertisement

kenon wrote: »

On a side note, I play the odd indoor game in Verona now and then with a group of lads that have been playing there for over ten years. They play 5 a side and I believe its something like €40 for an hour, but whoever is collecting the money, takes a fiver off everybody and they accumulate the extra tenner collected per game over the year. Then at the end of the year they put the money towards food and drink on a night out.

I'm just wondering if there would be any interest in introducing something similar for our games. Something like paying €6 instead of the usual €5 for the game on the Tuesdays and Thursdays. Then keep the extra money to put towards something at the end of the year. The money would also create some petty cash to go towards a bag of footballs for when Damien and Morris kick the ball out of the grounds, new gloves for when the old ones go rancid, maybe some medical stuff for when Ray is playing etc. That way everything is owned by the group and not individuals.

I just thought that I'd put the idea out there. Obviously not everybody would have to take part. I'd take note of all the money in or out and post a spreadsheet of it every week or so. The money would be used in whatever way the majority of people wanted to use it.

yeah lads i play with collect an extra €1 from everyone each game and goes towards few pints Christmas time in town. last year we got bibs out of it and paid cancellation fee couple of times but still ended up with quite a bit of cash left over at end of the year. we have regular 10-12 players though so was easy to organize. up to everyone but id say its good idea, saves one person buying gloves etc out of their own pocket

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Formal shorts

You know I love a good spreadsheet.

All for it. We could do with some supplies/cover cash for the odd time we've been down a man.

Teamer messages have just been sent out.

Most people seemed to like the idea. I'll mention it to people again tomorrow.

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Sweet Jones

I'd be happy to throw in an extra euro a week.

Me too, count me in.

• Advertisement

Teamer messages have been sent out.

We'll start collecting the extra euro off whoever is interested in contributing tomorrow. As I said before, you are under no obligation to pay it. If you have no interest in taking part just bring the usual fiver.

When there are times when there is only ten people playing, we wont collect an extra euro off people.

Gibby will collect the extra euros and he'll keep a spreadsheet updated and it will be kept under the documents section on teamer. It will probably be updated weekly.

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

Spreadsheet is up on teamer if anyone wants to have a look at it.

Log in to teamer, go to the documents section, click on "Kitty", and on "boards_2.xls" to download it. It is read only - I really don't trust Pat not to mess with his contributions ;)

Like Ken said, will update it every week. Cheers.

You were dying to get a spreadsheet going from day 1 !!!!

True...thankfully Ken did all the hard work :D

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

It is read only - I really don't trust Pat not to mess with his contributions ;)

"The money was just resting in my account"

Teamer messages sent out.

Can I ask everyone to be there by 9.55 so that we don't miss out on any gametime.

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Sweet Jones

Teamer messages sent out.

Can I ask everyone to be there by 9.55 so that we don't miss out on any gametime.

I take it this is subtly aimed at me?

I take it this is subtly aimed at me?

Not at all, it is blatantly aimed at everyone. :)

On a side note, we only have 9 at the moment for tonight, so if anyone knows anyone looking for a game, give them a shout.

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

We are down to 8 now.

Anyone know anyone who fancies a game?

Edit: Got someone so up to 9.

• Advertisement

We have 3 off teamer and 8 on so 11 at the moment. Trying for a 12th but we def have the 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 jerry11

I just put myself available to play on teamer now so guess we have the 12 now

jerry11 wrote: »
    I just put myself available to play on teamer now so guess we have the 12 now
    Great stuff Jerry.

Yeah thats 12.

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

So did Alan.

That makes Alan 13th at the moment.

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

I've removed a couple of people from teamer who haven't played or maybe replied in months. Theres no problem re-adding people when they can start playing again...just contact me.

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

Lads, I see we have 11 now as Kev is injured. Can anyone get 1 more ?

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Lads, I see we have 11 now as Kev is injured. Can anyone get 1 more ?

Saw that a few mins ago. Am trying at the moment

Edit: No luck yet so if anyone else can get someone it would be great.

Saw that a few mins ago. Am trying at the moment

Edit: No luck yet so if anyone else can get someone it would be great.

il try now

• Advertisement

Got a 12th man so we're good.

Advertisement